• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjdf82

MDS Supporter
    Aug 24, 2020
    I’ve been trying to get some clarity on this. I have a PS90 that I purchased back when I lived in NY in 2011. I’ve been interested in making it an SBR because the long barrel it currently has makes me and Stargate fans sad.

My understanding is at least as far as the Feds are concerned, it’s fairly straight forward: submit a Form 1 and $200, wait for the ATF to send me the stamp, and then I can have the gun engraved and barrel shortened.

What I’m not clear on is how this works here in Maryland specifically. I’ve been told conflicting things about whether it’s permissible to do given MD’s length restrictions.

Any suggestions or info? Has anyone gone through this process themselves?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Since the PS90 from the factory is shorter than 29", there is no way to make it an SBR in MD.

If you had made it an SBR prior to 10/1/2013, it would have been legal with the P90 length barrel.

Your only choice now is to move to another state.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    There was a user here with a decent way to make it SBR and meet MD code.

If you are talking about the extending stock, I think that was just to get the regular one legal as you have to add 3" (if you don't already own a grandfathered one.) A PS90 SBR is only ~20". No way you can hide 9" of extending rods in the buttstock. The rods would project halfway through the whole gun. They'd have to telescope. LOL, w/ telescoping it would be possible but can you imagine a 24"+ LOP? It'd be hilarious extended. If I had one, I'd work on that just for a big FU to MD.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The existing Grandfathered PS-90 is already as short as he could get . To make an SBR , he would ironically have to make 2.8 inches Longer !

If you really want the Star gate look , perhaps fabricate a solid display " non- Barell" ?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Oh cool, I missed that one! But as a folder you can't then use a suppressor.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Here's what you do,
    Enjoy your firearm and tell MD to go F&ck them selves if they have a problem with your constitutionally protected right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom