• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Illinois residents can’t purchase ammunition without a FOID. I checked several online Ammo sellers and everyone I checked accept sales to Il, attach/email a copy of your FOID and a second photo ID to the seller and they’ll happily process your order.

I’d bet a lot most online merchants would/will do the same for MD with an HQL and possibly also an FFL (FFL-03 included).

Do I want this to pass? Heck no. But I do want to at least analyze what it likely does mean.

If you didn’t get an HQL and don’t have an FFL or a desire to spend 20 minutes on paperwork and $30 to request an FFL-03 then yes, no online Ammo sales for you and ass pain trying to buy ammo in MD. If you do have one, ring extra inconvenience. Maybe a few online places just won’t bother to sell to MD. Probably most guys will.

The bill doesn’t ban online Ammo sales.

Of course you’re correct.

Maybe I didn’t clarify my point.
    F*ck a law that charges me a fee to exercise a constitutionally protected right.

I do not have an HQL and never will. I haven’t purchase a handgun since 2013. I’m not bargaining any further with my gun rights.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Illinois residents can’t purchase ammunition without a FOID. I checked several online Ammo sellers and everyone I checked accept sales to Il, attach/email a copy of your FOID and a second photo ID to the seller and they’ll happily process your order.

I’d bet a lot most online merchants would/will do the same for MD with an HQL and possibly also an FFL (FFL-03 included).

Do I want this to pass? Heck no. But I do want to at least analyze what it likely does mean.

If you didn’t get an HQL and don’t have an FFL or a desire to spend 20 minutes on paperwork and $30 to request an FFL-03 then yes, no online Ammo sales for you and ass pain trying to buy ammo in MD. If you do have one, ring extra inconvenience. Maybe a few online places just won’t bother to sell to MD. Probably most guys will.

I think they’ll sell to MD. Heck, other lib states are going to attempt to push the limit now. Worst case, you’d think your local gun shop would special order for you. More expensive to be sure. But maybe not if they could depend on your regular business. If we’re still wearing a mask a year from now they might even have drive thru..

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Rather than call and tell them how unfair this is, remind them that most of us can drive 1 hour to any state touching MD, and buy as much as we like.

Hell, I can sell it to other MDSers once I get home if I want.

For now.

You can be sure that these posts are being read by people who do not agree with you, and who are looking for ways to remove such "inalienable rights" that you think you have.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Thank you Ms. Atterbeary.
    We eagerly await the 2022 amendment that will LIMIT the quantity we can buy.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Currently I am paying $16 per box of 50 FMJ 9mm,, local shop is getting $60-100,, Do you see the problem.
    Sorry, I dont NEED or want a local shop to "make simple purchases for me"

I think they’ll sell to MD. Heck, other lib states are going to attempt to push the limit now. Worst case, you’d think your local gun shop would special order for you. More expensive to be sure. But maybe not if they could depend on your regular business. If we’re still wearing a mask a year from now they might even have drive thru..

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Currently I am paying $16 per box of 50 FMJ 9mm,, local shop is getting $60-100,, Do you see the problem.

Where are you paying $16 a box and how long ago?

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Where are you paying $16 a box and how long ago?

When they have stock the local place I deal with is selling for $14-16/50 round fmj 9mm. $8-9 20 rounds for brass cased .223/556 plinking ammo.

The other day he turned the monitor around and showed me the pricing he is paying and how much he sells it for. Prices are up but nowhere near the amount being floated by gun stores selling a box of thunderbolts for $50...

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    When they have stock the local place I deal with is selling for $14-16/50 round fmj 9mm. $8-9 20 rounds for brass cased .223/556 plinking ammo.

The other day he turned the monitor around and showed me the pricing he is paying and how much he sells it for. Prices are up but nowhere near the amount being floated by gun stores selling a box of thunderbolts for $50...

Free market I guess. Love it when an investment I make yields a big profit (hypothetically speaking cuz I suck at investing). not so much when I am funding the profit. Reality sucks sometimes.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC

Similar to IL and some other slave states, we already have to deal with this in DC. Many places will still mail with a copy of a registration card (you need a “FOID” for every gun in DC). Many others won’t. We have a whole thread in the DC sub forum to identify vendors that will.

This bill is still utter ********.

kool361

Apr 16, 2020
    Damascus
    Well you need to contact your representatives and tell them how you feel about this. Don't tell me that won't work because if you don't let them what your thoughts are on this then it will most certainly go through. Inaction is what causes problems.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Well you need to contact your representatives and tell them how you feel about this. Don't tell me that won't work because if you don't let them what your thoughts are on this then it will most certainly go through. Inaction is what causes problems.

Contact my representative? You mean that child, Sarah Elfreth? She'd laugh in my face.

Seth Howard is a Republican but he seems to be on autopilot. He never responds to anything I send him. Not even auto-spam.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Free market I guess. Love it when an investment I make yields a big profit (hypothetically speaking cuz I suck at investing). not so much when I am funding the profit. Reality sucks sometimes.

A friend pointed out to me the other day one aspect to it I hadn’t considered. What if all they can get is 25% of their previous supply? Maybe they are making $10 a box now instead of $2.50 a box. But they are only able to sell 1/4 as much.

That said, yes, I’d imagine most LGS and online places are still making quite a bit more profit than they were before at the end of the day between constrained supply and significantly more profit margin for most of them.

Some are probably getting forked though.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    No more silence. We need to speak up in opposition to these kinds of proposals. I personally did not speak up enough during the last election. That was wrong. Not again.

Please contact your representative a thousand times if you want to. If nothing else it will make them work harder to get through the noise it creates. Please. Speak. Up.

Delegates by county: https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/07leg/html/gaco.html

Delegates by district: https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/06hse/html/hsedist.html

Senate: https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/members/index/senate

SPEAK UP. SPEAK UP. SPEAK UP. SPEAK UP. SPEAK UP.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Similar to IL and some other slave states, we already have to deal with this in DC. Many places will still mail with a copy of a registration card (you need a “FOID” for every gun in DC). Many others won’t. We have a whole thread in the DC sub forum to identify vendors that will.

This bill is still utter ********.

You won’t get an argument from me on your last.

I just wanted to point out that some saying it’ll ban online Ammo sales isn’t correct maybe it will for folks unwilling to get an HQL or FFL-03.

It’ll certainly limit options for those who have one of those or who are willing to.

Plenty of other “you can’t do that now” stuff it also does.

When contacting representatives point out this means you couldn’t give a buddy any ammo if going hunting with them unless they have an HQL. Or at the range. Or shooting trap. Etc.

Point out that MSP has stopped giving licenses to people for their HQL and with the law you’d probably need to print it out to show the ammo seller, is anyone going to accept a computer print out for this!?! (I’d guess many will not).

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    When contacting representatives point out this means you couldn’t give a buddy any ammo if going hunting with them unless they have an HQL. Or at the range. Or shooting trap. Etc.

You need to understand that the people who want this bill, and the rest of their party that vote in lock step for partisan reasons, not only don’t care about that, they actively think there’s something wrong with you if you “go to the range.” You are a dangerous redneck supremacist radical and giving ammo of war to your “buddy” who is probably also not right in the head, is exactly the sort behavior they are trying to control through these sensible safety measures.

Anything you send to the people who actually need their minds changed will simply be disregarded as it always will be. Own a gun? There is zero reason to engage with you, and more reasons than ever to take it away from you. But sure, write a letter to the person who hates you and everything you stand for. I’m sure they’ll come around.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

PM me where you’re getting 9mm ammo for that price. I have a couple of new shooters who can’t find 9mm or afford to pay $60/box for it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

My representative is the bill’s sponsor, Del. Atterbeary, I’m not wasting my time with that far left POS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom