• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Bravo to Virginia Tech for chasing away the vultures!!
    :party29: :thumbsup:

Virginia Tech blocks plans of gun-control group
    Brady Campaign won't get permit for event on April 16

Tuesday, Apr 08, 2008 - 12:20 AM Updated: 12:51 AM

By REX BOWMAN
    TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER
    Virginia Tech said yesterday that it will not allow a national gun-control advocacy group to hold a campus demonstration on April 16 while the school commemorates last year's massacre.
    Tech spokesman Larry Hincker said neither the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence nor the co-sponsor of the planned demonstration, ProtestEasyGuns.com, had applied for an assembly permit, and even if they had, Tech only issues permits to student groups.
    http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/search.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-04-08-0119.html

Attachments

• Brady_Vultures_VATechKill1.JPG
      Brady_Vultures_VATechKill1.JPG
      87.8 KB · Views: 234

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    you forgot to label the bloody torn apart remnants of something that was once great as the constitution

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    What Numidian said. I have friends, church brothers/sisters, and gaming buddies that were there last year.

An NRA demonstration would be run off too in any case. It's hardly a student organization either.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    How do you feel about students doing an empty holster protest? I may participate in that this year...

My girlfriend goes there, she has more then a few friends participating in that protest.... If I were attending school there, I would definitely be doing it.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Here's an idea...

For your friends/colleagues who support your cause, but who don't have (or want to wear) a holster, maybe you could have some "Involuntarily Disarmed Victim" T-shirts printed up.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Here's an idea...

For your friends/colleagues who support your cause, but who don't have (or want to wear) a holster, maybe you could have some "Involuntarily Disarmed Victim" T-shirts printed up.

My girlfriend is in a "Leadership" dorm and has to take a leadership class... The teacher is the biggest liberal douchebag she's ever met...

Well they were having a discussion about how to help prevent crime on campus...one girl in the class said make it easier to report :lol: And then the whole class was silent for a bit, so my girlfriend said "How about letting us carry guns" The teacher was absolutely taken aback at the idea, then one guy in the class said he has a CCW, but can't carry on the campus etc etc... Finally almost the entire class was supporting right to carry on campus. Paige said the teacher was almost ready to cry :lol::lol::lol:

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    My girlfriend is in a "Leadership" dorm and has to take a leadership class... The teacher is the biggest liberal douchebag she's ever met...

Well they were having a discussion about how to help prevent crime on campus...one girl in the class said make it easier to report :lol: And then the whole class was silent for a bit, so my girlfriend said "How about letting us carry guns" The teacher was absolutely taken aback at the idea, then one guy in the class said he has a CCW, but can't carry on the campus etc etc... Finally almost the entire class was supporting right to carry on campus. Paige said the teacher was almost ready to cry :lol::lol::lol:

:party29:

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Good for VA Tech. It is good to see them take the high road. Even if the entire tragedy was for the most part their doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom