• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This is interesting...

http://www.americanthinker.com/prin...m/2008/10/democrats_should_fear_the_brad.html

As legions of Barack Obama's supporters (both inside and outside the mainstream media) wait with giddy anticipation to celebrate victory on November 5, they can't seem to block creeping doubt from their minds. What if the outcome doesn't all fall neatly into place like their polls project? How can such a scenario be explained?

It isn't the "Bradley effect" Democrats should fear, but something else. Call it the "Brady effect," named after the one of the radical gun-ban lobbies in America, The Brady Campaign.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    A large chunk of the Democratic party is aware of the "Brady Effect" and argues heavily against additional gun control. However, they are outnumbered right now, or more specifically outshouted. Hopefully we can work with them to stop any legislation that comes up. I refuse to believe we will lose those battles.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    A large chunk of the Democratic party is aware of the "Brady Effect" and argues heavily against additional gun control. However, they are outnumbered right now, or more specifically outshouted. Hopefully we can work with them to stop any legislation that comes up. I refuse to believe we will lose those battles.

That's exactly the problem. The people in charge of the Democratic Party are so far left and have so much power right now that they project their raving mad agenda onto the "weaker" Democrats and that's how we end up with silly useless gun laws among other things.

I loved my representation when I lived in district 31 a few years ago. Split almost evenly D and R, and the D's were pro gun and not too left. A lot of good things got done in that time.

O'Malley shot that to hell. People knew he was going to win, and that district was solidly conservative(not Republican, just smartly conservative) HATED O'Malley and rebelled against Democrats.

Western Maryland has a very pro gun Democrat Delegate. But The MD Democratic Party keeps him somewhat irrelevant due to his conservative tendencies.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Alot of the democrats (specifically those pushing the 50 state strategy) know that and are gaining in power. Montana, Colorado, Arizona, Virginia, all have Dem's that will stand with the 2nd. We need them to stop the others. The remaining Repub's won't be able to do it on their own.

The problem on the coasts is an ignorant populace. They don't understand the 2nd or guns in general. We need to increase our outreach. I know several members on this sight have blogs where they post an open invitation to take new people to the range. The way to change things is to increase the visibilituy.

Look at Nate's excellent post the other day on the rise of shall issue. Specifically the number of traditionally democratic states that have moved our way. There is no reason that can't happen everywhere. Create more democratic gun enthusiasts and you can drive the brady's out of business.

We also need to bring in the hunters who fall into the Zumbo camp and support an AWB. They should be easy to reign in. I know I converted one myself this year. All it took was getting him to the range and putting a semi auto in his hands and letting him go to town.

These are easy things we can all do. 3rd Recon is leading the pack on this sight with his open invitation.

Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    I voted for a dem for senate and a dem for congress, Both of them said they are pro gun and against illegal immigration, unlike senator grahmnesty.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Alot of the democrats (specifically those pushing the 50 state strategy) know that and are gaining in power. Montana, Colorado, Arizona, Virginia, all have Dem's that will stand with the 2nd. We need them to stop the others. The remaining Repub's won't be able to do it on their own.

The problem on the coasts is an ignorant populace. They don't understand the 2nd or guns in general. We need to increase our outreach. I know several members on this sight have blogs where they post an open invitation to take new people to the range. The way to change things is to increase the visibilituy.

Look at Nate's excellent post the other day on the rise of shall issue. Specifically the number of traditionally democratic states that have moved our way. There is no reason that can't happen everywhere. Create more democratic gun enthusiasts and you can drive the brady's out of business.

We also need to bring in the hunters who fall into the Zumbo camp and support an AWB. They should be easy to reign in. I know I converted one myself this year. All it took was getting him to the range and putting a semi auto in his hands and letting him go to town.

These are easy things we can all do. 3rd Recon is leading the pack on this sight with his open invitation.
    We also need to bring in the hunters who fall into the Zumbo camp and support an AWB.
    "Fell" into Zumbo's camp. I hear he has had a change of heart after Ted Nugent took him shooting some of the EBRs. He now says he sees the error of all his ways and has had a rebirth on the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom