• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Anyone know the history on how/why Frederick and Cecil counties have the 50 yard standoff distance from an occupied dwelling vs the rest of the state being 150?

Brent

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    The Frederick Sportsmen's Council got this pushed through and I never even knew Cecil followed. After the Failures trying for Sunday Hunting most hunting groups found the best way to pass legislation was county by county as you can't get every county to agree in Annapolis.

You could try it yourself, but it would help if you organized the gun/sportsmen's clubs in your county to give you more pull in getting it accomplished. Garrett, Allegheny, Washington, Frederick and Carroll counties have this setup and a larger Federation they are all part of. They just got Sunday hunting for all Game pushed through except Waterfowl in Garrett, Allegheny and Washington counties. It's a lot of work, but it yields a lot of power.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Thanks ArcheryRob -

I didn't know if it was some ancient holdover. It makes a lot of sense for the suburban deer reduction issue, but not much sense if your only perspective of hunting is a suburbanite 'someone's gonna shoot my kitty' world view. I was wondering because Ed Reilly (state senator from Anne Arundel County) seems to have a pro-hunt perspective given recent legislation he sponsored regarding sunday hunting.

Wouldn't try to do it myself, but might be willing to join the cause if there were some actual movement behind it from clubs, etc..

Brent

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Hi iH8DemLibz -

Yes - permission from the dwelling owner gets you around it, but in my case, even on three acres (which borders 60), I'd need permission from 6-7 nearby houses to hunt it.

Brent

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    is this for archery hunting only or for practice as well?

You really need to look at local ordinances for this sort of stuff.

I know Montgomery County had, and probably still has, a local ordinance regarding the discharge of a bow, regardless of whether it is in a hunting situation or not. Here is a thread on here that confirms it, along with some other decent information:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=1238210#poststop

Actual list of Montgomery County ordinances:

http://www6.montgomerycountymd.gov/content/ded/agservices/pdffiles/ch57_weapons.pdf

Harford County (seems pretty simple):

http://ecode360.com/9375511

Found some internet chatter about a proposed local ordinance in Carroll County regarding this matter, but was unable to find the actual ordinance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom