• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    I am not looking at converting to an alternate FCG. I think one or two US made parts and the gun would be compliant. More important are the denial features to make it acceptable to the ATF. The denials needed are something to keep it from going into full auto and a something to keep the trigger pack from being exchanged for one that is unmodified. The unique think about this FCG design is that the sear and disconnector functions are achieved with one part. There is no sear to remove like in the HK trigger packs.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I am not looking at converting to an alternate FCG. I think one or two US made parts and the gun would be compliant. More important are the denial features to make it acceptable to the ATF. The denials needed are something to keep it from going into full auto and a something to keep the trigger pack from being exchanged for one that is unmodified. The unique think about this FCG design is that the sear and disconnector functions are achieved with one part. There is no sear to remove like in the HK trigger packs.

I really have not looked into this to much. I just got my kit friday and have not really taken the trigger pack apart yet.

I don't know I am going to jump as quick down this semi auto road before seeing some shooting guns. There seem to be enough kits here to make some demand and I don't know if I see a rush on this. That said if you are, maybe its worth looking into it more. Where do you live?

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    I really have not looked into this to much. I just got my kit friday and have not really taken the trigger pack apart yet.

I don't know I am going to jump as quick down this semi auto road before seeing some shooting guns. There seem to be enough kits here to make some demand and I don't know if I see a rush on this. That said if you are, maybe its worth looking into it more. Where do you live?

Also in Catonsville, so we should certainly discuss this over a beer sometime. I have barrels covered too.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Good to know you're both local I'm in Sykesville.

As for the FCG, just looks like that's one avenue people are going down to get the 922r compliance needed for the rifle.

But:
    Barrel
    Muzzle Brake
    Mag
    Follower
    Receiver
    Hand grip

Need 4 more?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

Oh who let a Georgia boy on here! ;)

Not a member, but certainly live close enough that I have been considering it.

Well I can help with that! :D

I had a chance to read through things a little more. I am not in a big hurry here. I don't know if I am going to want to build this before the ATF approval comes back anyway. I have seen plenty of these semi autos get going to have ATF deny the approval for the semi design and you are left with a semi auto design thats not approved. Thats worse than no trying to get approval. I have also been stuck with receivers where ATF approval never came and someone made a lot of semi receivers and then never followed through. I am not saying thats at all whats happening here. However I also don't think this is one of those cases where you better get in first or you will be left holding the bag. I am sure APEX is going to be after this stuff to sell with their kits. Something tells me these kits will sell well at first to those who know what they are looking at. Then very slowly to those who have not heard of the gun before.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Good to know you're both local I'm in Sykesville.

As for the FCG, just looks like that's one avenue people are going down to get the 922r compliance needed for the rifle.
    ...e?

Let see we have:
    1. Receiver US MADE
    2. Barrel US MADE

3. Barrel Extensions NONE
    4. Trunnions SPANISH
    5. Muzzle Attachments SPANISH
    6. Bolts SPANISH
    7. Bolt Carriers SPANISH
    8. OP Rods SPANISH
    9. Gas pistons SPANISH
    10. Trigger housings SPANISH
    11. Trigger SPANISH
    12. Hammer SPANISH
    13. Sears SPANISH

14. Disconnectors NONE
    15. Buttstocks SPANISH
    16. Pistol Grip SPANISH
    17. Forearms SPANISH

18-20 Mag Parts. US MADE

So it seems to me that Trigger housing may be consider US made by the time we make it into a semi auto trigger pack. Flash hiders should be easy to do. I would imagine one of the FCG might also be easy. I would not want to do the furniture. I can just us AR15 mags... The Spanish mags are suppose to be crap anyway!!!

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    I had a chance to read through things a little more. I am not in a big hurry here. I don't know if I am going to want to build this before the ATF approval comes back anyway. I have seen plenty of these semi autos get going to have ATF deny the approval for the semi design and you are left with a semi auto design thats not approved. Thats worse than no trying to get approval. I have also been stuck with receivers where ATF approval never came and someone made a lot of semi receivers and then never followed through. I am not saying thats at all whats happening here. However I also don't think this is one of those cases where you better get in first or you will be left holding the bag. I am sure APEX is going to be after this stuff to sell with their kits. Something tells me these kits will sell well at first to those who know what they are looking at. Then very slowly to those who have not heard of the gun before.

I can appreciate your concerns. I am feeling a little more confident in this one because it shares many of the already well vetted FCG and denial features with the hk9x series. So far everything I've done has been old hat for most. I'm looking forward to being on the front lines of a build.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Let see we have:
    1. Receiver US MADE
    2. Barrel US MADE

3. Barrel Extensions NONE
    4. Trunnions SPANISH
    5. Muzzle Attachments SPANISH
    6. Bolts SPANISH
    7. Bolt Carriers SPANISH
    8. OP Rods SPANISH
    9. Gas pistons SPANISH
    10. Trigger housings SPANISH
    11. Trigger SPANISH
    12. Hammer SPANISH
    13. Sears SPANISH

14. Disconnectors NONE
    15. Buttstocks SPANISH
    16. Pistol Grip SPANISH
    17. Forearms SPANISH

18-20 Mag Parts. US MADE

By my count there are only 17 parts. I don't think there is a gas piston for this one.

My US parts are:
    Receiver
    Barrel
    Muzzle device
    Magazine (3)

There are guys over a weaponsguild who are making both US hammers and pistol grips. That brings the parts count down to 9 foreign and should make it easy and give a choice of what to keep. I'm leaning toward changing the hammer instead of the grip.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Thinking about buying a kit next month, since it sounds like the situation vis a vis flats and 922r is being resolved. I can wait to build it if I just get the flat and 922r parts to go with the kit. (Not worried about running out of barrels anytime soon.)

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Thinking about buying a kit next month, since it sounds like the situation vis a vis flats and 922r is being resolved. I can wait to build it if I just get the flat and 922r parts to go with the kit. (Not worried about running out of barrels anytime soon.)

Erwos, know you are tied up with an m11/9, congrats by the way. Nevertheless, if you are also on weaponsguild, you should check out this listing. Barrels are scarce right now and these are already profiled, so this this isn't a bad deal.

http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=53728.msg730273;topicseen#new

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Listing is $420 for an apex "good" kit and an hkparts ptr93 profile barrel that has been turned for use with the cetme l. Barrel is threaded 1/2-28.for us made muzzle device. Kit is now $250 and barrel is around $180 when in stock add labor to profile and it's a pretty good deal.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    It will not let me see the page either. I am a signed in member too.

That said, I just ordered another kit from APEX. For $25 more you can get the better condition kit. I get a little picky on plastic furniture. I hate when its beat up. I am hoping the furniture on the next kit is a little better than the two good condition kits I got in. I might actually sell my good kit if anyone is interested. I will give you a deal you can't beat ordering from APEX.

IMG_20150215_010036_369 (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom