• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    It makes a whole bunch of sense to limit Catch and release fishing in order to save striped bass population. Nooo way actually limiting ctach and kill fishing would be more effective. The won't stop with these rules (which I really have no issue with). They are setting up for a major restriction next year. MD DNR is a big waste of time and effort. They aren't effective at one single level of management or enforcement. Thier efforst to limit C@R fishing instead of focusing on catch and kill shows who pulls thier strings and also insures they won't curb the recent decline in rockfish populations.

I'm ok with it....prespawn fish have the most effect on the next year's populations. The steps they ask aren't drastic....just have to have a 2nd set of trolling lures if you plan to use barbs in-season. I already only use circle hooks when fishing with bait...I think they work better anyhow.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I'm ok with it....prespawn fish have the most effect on the next year's populations. The steps they ask aren't drastic....just have to have a 2nd set of trolling lures if you plan to use barbs in-season. I already only use circle hooks when fishing with bait...I think they work better anyhow.

The point is that their plan to combat low fish population is to start with regulating C@R anglers. The same group that has the lowest impact on the species to begin with. It's like if you ship is sinking and instead of plugging th ebig hole you concectrate on a leaky rivet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom