• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Now’s not the time to do it, there’s no one there working on them.

Ok. Didn't mean "Now" literally. I would still submit them. Your file would at least be in the queue when they come back to work.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Which route is better (more convenient): Form 1 via ATF site or via SS kiosk? Plan is to form 1 a suppressor. Possibly more if co-Trustee (aka Wife) does not need more fingerprint cards.
    I take it that it is 1 set of fingerprint cards per suppressor unless I go through the SS kiosk correct?

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I think there was a problem with the kiosks and doing form 1’s. I remember reading the atf was rejecting all of them because they didn’t like the 3rd party submitting on your behalf.

Or was that only for individuals not for trusts?
    Has that been fixed/worked out?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Which route is better (more convenient): Form 1 via ATF site or via SS kiosk? Plan is to form 1 a suppressor. Possibly more if co-Trustee (aka Wife) does not need more fingerprint cards.

The main boost in convenience for the kiosk is that it does / stores your prints and photos for you. Otherwise they're about the same.

[quote[I take it that it is 1 set of fingerprint cards per suppressor unless I go through the SS kiosk correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You have to do prints / pictures every time. The kiosk stores them for you though.

I think there was a problem with the kiosks and doing form 1’s. I remember reading the atf was rejecting all of them because they didn’t like the 3rd party submitting on your behalf.

It was because ATF retroactively decided that they didn't want SilenerShop checking a box for you by default, that you had to check it yourself. SS says that it's taken care of now and new ones should be fine.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I take it that it is 1 set of fingerprint cards per suppressor unless I go through the SS kiosk correct?

I did mine myself. Took my own pictures with my cell phone, did my own fingerprints. You will need 1 set of fingerprint cards per trustee, per item. For example: if you and your wife are both trustees, you will need 4 fingerprint cards (2 sets) total per item. It’s a bit of a pain but not having to drive anywhere to do it was convenient.

The main boost in convenience for the kiosk is that it does / stores your prints and photos for you. Otherwise they're about the same.

If you already have your prints on file with SS, this is definitely easier.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River

[quote[I take it that it is 1 set of fingerprint cards per suppressor unless I go through the SS kiosk correct?

Yes. You have to do prints / pictures every time. The kiosk stores them for you though.

It was because ATF retroactively decided that they didn't want SilenerShop checking a box for you by default, that you had to check it yourself. SS says that it's taken care of now and new ones should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Do they accept SS kiosk form 1's now or are they still rejecting them?

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I did mine myself. Took my own pictures with my cell phone, did my own fingerprints. You will need 1 set of fingerprint cards per trustee, per item. For example: if you and your wife are both trustees, you will need 4 fingerprint cards (2 sets) total per item. It’s a bit of a pain but not having to drive anywhere to do it was convenient.

If you already have your prints on file with SS, this is definitely easier.

Re: photos via phone, do you upload them to the ATF efile as an attachment? Then the prints I assume are mailed if not done via SS?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Re: photos via phone, do you upload them to the ATF efile as an attachment? Then the prints I assume are mailed if not done via SS?

That is correct. Make sure the pictures have a white/clean background. I just took mine in front of a wall. You then need to crop them to mimic a passport photo.
    Fingerprints are then mailed in to the NFA Branch with your submission form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So if you do prints and photos with a kiosk, you can use those for multiple submittals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom