• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    We had contractor, who’s customer made a mistake and ordered 8 Corian countertops for a school. After we installed them about a month ago, they realized that they do not like the sink and paid to replace all 8 tops.

So we have 6 to 8 White Corian countertops with a stainless steel sink and maybe a faucet too. They are about 6-7’ in length 25” depth. The sink is approximately in the middle. They do not have a backsplash. Some are finished on the left side others on the right side.

I’m looking to hold them for 1 week and schedule one pickup day for next Saturday morning 9/21 at 0800.

If you want one and can pickup on the date and time noted above please commit by posting here.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Here is a pic

9791bf24c17ccae817772846b11f322e.jpeg

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Awesome karma, I am sure someone will take them. Question, is corian suitable for an outdoor application?

It’s OK. The core is wood so it would need to be replaced with Marine Grade plywood or some other material. If the surface is not in direct sun then it would probably fare well. If it were in direct sun it can heat up enough to crack over time due to constant thermal stress. That being said we have installed Corian tops outdoors for example at Kings Dominion and they seem to have lasted at least 5 yrs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I'll pass this time. Below are photos of the last free Corian from our generous member. I tried a bunch of stuff that didn't work to get the material glossy. Effort that worked was wet sanding with 220, 800, 1200, then 1500 (I think or close). Then two times over with Turtle wax rubbing compound using lambs wool (Synthetic buffer), then Turtle was polishing compound using another lambs wool bonnet. I used a high tooth circular saw with a fence and sabre saw for the cuts. Used a router roundover bit, not carbide. Dremel for fine adjustments. Took some time, but not complicated. Hardest part was making the paper cutout to mark the Corian. (Renewal By Andersen windows - ouch!)

Attachments

• Window_In Work.jpg
      Window_In Work.jpg
      67.3 KB · Views: 266
    • Window_1.jpg
      Window_1.jpg
      82.1 KB · Views: 281
    • Window_2.jpg
      Window_2.jpg
      69.9 KB · Views: 262

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'll pass this time. Below are photos of the last free Corian from our generous member. I tried a bunch of stuff that didn't work to get the material glossy. Effort that worked was wet sanding with 220, 800, 1200, then 1500 (I think or close). Then two times over with Turtle wax rubbing compound using lambs wool (Synthetic buffer), then Turtle was polishing compound using another lambs wool bonnet. I used a high tooth circular saw with a fence and sabre saw for the cuts. Used a router roundover bit, not carbide. Dremel for fine adjustments. Took some time, but not complicated. Hardest part was making the paper cutout to mark the Corian. (Renewal By Andersen windows - ouch!)

That looks spectacular! I’m really glad you found a good use for it. As for getting it glossy, we usually bring them to a satin finish. Gloss is too easy to scratch for kitchen countertops. Rubbing compound and wool bonnet is what we do when it is required.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I am interested in the last 2... I will PM later this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom