• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'm looking for recommendations on a single point sling for my AR rifle. It doesn't need to have a lot of bells and whistles and shouldn't be overly expensive. What is everyone here using? Right now I have a standard two point sling. I'm looking for something more along the lines of what the Israeli Defense Force uses

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    magpul ms4 does single or two point, nice to have the option. nothing real fancy, nice and wide to distribute the weight.

i started with the ms1 way back. dropped my rifle to go to pistol at a 2 gun match and the rifle hit the ground! the qd mechanism must have snagged on some clothing and popped, not good! the later versions aren't quite as quick/easy to accidentally disengage.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I'm looking for recommendations on a single point sling for my AR rifle. It doesn't need to have a lot of bells and whistles and shouldn't be overly expensive. What is everyone here using? Right now I have a standard two point sling. I'm looking for something more along the lines of what the Israeli Defense Force uses

I think you might have to hit up a gun show. The one I use they don't make anymore (had rubberized locking clips to attach to the standard swivels Magpul MS?). I could go from a two point sling to a single point. I really love those type. For long humps, you could wear it across your back or the traditionally on your shoulder. In the single point mode, it was great for CQB (ex-military/cop). You could run your rifle/carbine and then drop it (to your side) and go to your secondary. I think today you would have to add a Quick Detach (QD) End Plate and then get a QD sling. My Tavor, came with the QD spots already so I didn't have to mod anything to use the IWI sling.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I have a Vickers that is still going strong and not only is it nearly a decade and a half (if not) older, there was a period I used it daily teaching. But, I honestly don’t know if it is even available any longer.

Subscribed ...

Looks like Tactical Hero Rifle Sling gets the nod in this comparison of 5 ...: https://thegunzone.com/best-single-point-sling-for-ar15/

Interesting that the Vickers in that comparison looks NOTHING like the old, Old, OLD one I still have (mine is not padded but rather looks and performs like a massive bungee cord, wrapped in Heavy-*ss nylon-canvas-like material. Now I wish I’d thought ahead and bought more of ‘em, way back when ...

Still subscribed!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Also, keep in mind, if you want something "long the lines of what the Israeli Defense Force uses" you can actually buy what they use (or clones) online at a number of places around the internet....

Also, keep in mind, if you want something "long the lines of what the Israeli Defense Force uses" you can actually buy what they use (or clones) online at a number of places around the internet....

I've been looking and although I can find things that are similar they're not exactly the same. And I don't know how to go about finding out exactly what they use nor do I know whether it's even available to civilians outside of Israel. I do have a friend whose brother-in-law is a colonel in the IDF and I suppose if I can get in touch with him I could ask him. I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on what they use. But I did look at the Magpul ms4 and it doesn't look too bad. I need a few of them I might order one and test it out.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I prefer MP5 style slings on my short guns. I make my own. No padding. No frills to hang up. Works for me.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I prefer MP5 style slings on my short guns. I make my own. No padding. No frills to hang up. Works for me.
    “I make my own...”

Lil Ms Suzy homemaker...I make all my own clothes...uh, I mean kit. Look at me, I’m talented. Cute too.

Pay attention to the clown and not the seamstress behind the curtain.

Tactical Tailor my arse.

Wish I was closer so I could try it out. :-)

Get a cup, too!

Never got the appeal of the single point sling.

I had one many years ago and I can't remember whether I liked it or not. I'm going to buy one and try it out if I don't it'll go in the same box with the other slings and holsters and gun belts that I either didn't like or have no use for. I've been collecting that stuff since the early 80s. Eventually it'll probably all get tossed.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    “I make my own...”

Lil Ms Suzy homemaker...I make all my own clothes...uh, I mean kit. Look at me, I’m talented. Cute too.

Pay attention to the clown and not the seamstress behind the curtain.

Tactical Tailor my arse.

Wish I was closer so I could try it out. :-)

Ask and ye shall receive...

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Interesting that the Vickers in that comparison looks NOTHING like the old, Old, OLD one I still have (mine is not padded but rather looks and performs like a massive bungee cord, wrapped in Heavy-*ss nylon-canvas-like material. Now I wish I’d thought ahead and bought more of ‘em, way back when ...

Still subscribed!

Check out https://www.originalsoegear.com/collections/belts-slings-1

They have a variety of bungee slings.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Lets say a person has a rack of various AR type rifles (carbines included) with slings. What would you'all suggest as a good general purpose, adaptable to different physical sizes, simple to operate and train, and.... affordable sling and QD's? With the 2020 Coronavirus Apocalypse (20CA) upon us, this person needs to get off thier arse and get the arsenal rigged out.

(Remember, these need to look good for the inevitable arsenal photo-op the local papers will publish if this person is ever red flagged.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom