• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    I like Devyn and Mike

Devyn has an odd view on advertisement. I talked to him about an MDS IP spot. "Why would I pay to have people bomb me with questions when I can do that for free on Facebook?". Uh cause it's a sales platform?
    [/QUOTEYeah, I think he is more into word of mouth advertising . But I like him, he's always treated me well and his prices are very competitive. I always feel welcome in his store, Free to look around at my leisure but knowing they are happy to give answers should I have questions. I've bought several guns from them and though they are never any of the high dollar guns, they always seem grateful for my business. If word of mouth advertising is what they want, they will always get it from me

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My go-to shop was Gun Connection for years, but I don't think I've been there since Dan and Shawn moved to Texas and left Harry to run it. I've heard excellent things about Duffy's and plan to visit soon.
    I left Joppa at just about the same time Dan and Shawn left MD. Like you, I haven't been in since. I like Harry and hope he's well, but I just don't go shopping up there.

Locally, 2A in Jessup and Engage have both treated me well. I would happily work with either again. A1 was also great when Greg was there but I have no idea how the gun side of the business is doing since he left.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    My go-to shop was Gun Connection for years, but I don't think I've been there since Dan and Shawn moved to Texas and left Harry to run it. I've heard excellent things about Duffy's and plan to visit soon.

I've been in a few times since then. Harry is a little standoffish - I get the feeling like he is doing me a favor selling me something.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Right there by A1 safes? I haven't driven by them in quite a while. Thanks.

Then I wish them the best of luck. Good location, lousy parking lot and now I want a pit beef sandwich.
    He's been there a few years now. I see a lot of handguns move. His rifle racks are full but I never see a lot go through. I'm not in too often.

It's a hell of a better shop that Bel Air Gun and Pawn was though

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I've been in a few times since then. Harry is a little standoffish - I get the feeling like he is doing me a favor selling me something.

I wasn't going to say that myself, but I think you're exactly right. Dan was a far sight better at customer service. In my experience, Harry acted like he thought he was the most informed person in the room when that was never the case in my opinion.

There's a reason I'm going to Duffy's first and not GC, even though the latter is much closer to me.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I wasn't going to say that myself, but I think you're exactly right. Dan was a far sight better at customer service. In my experience, Harry acted like he thought he was the most informed person in the room when that was never the case in my opinion.

There's a reason I'm going to Duffy's first and not GC, even though the latter is much closer to me.
    Last I was in, frankly, some huge cleavage tried to sell me on what they had in the case and not what I came in for. I haven't been back despite living a mile away.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County

I dont know how long ago this was, but i have not had that experience with harry. Dude got me into a m&p 2.0 with an apex trigger for less than a new 2.0 at the time. He gave a tshirt as well!

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I walked into Gun Connection once and saw it was the twin brothers that used to work at Bel Air Gun in Fallston

2000-2003, one of those years, some crazy old shitbag perp got smoked after walking in and deciding to try and kill it's employees.

And then like 10 years before that some dude shot himself at the old Bel Air Gun and Pawn location

Probably only a few MDS/maybe none know/remember that.

I don't think I'm totally full of shit, you can probably still Google the news articles about it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I walked into Gun Connection once and saw it was the twin brothers that used to work at Bel Air Gun in Fallston

2000-2003, one of those years, some crazy old shitbag perp got smoked after walking in and deciding to try and kill it's employees.
    Dan was the one who shot their would-be killer I believe. He didn't talk about it much.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    The guys that owned belair, what ever the other two where called where all brothers. # brothers all owned gun shops, the forth owned the pit beef stand.

I knew them for a long time ago, I wired the A1 safe building a long time ago. 20 years ago you would have had your jaw drop is you saw the attic, it was packed full of guns. Oh how times have changed.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    J Lowes John and staff have always been courteous & knowledgeable enough that I skip a half dozen closer stores to visit them up in Cecil County. They are an IP here to boot.

+ 1 for J Lowes if john doesn't have what you are looking for he will try to get it for you. Prices and service are first rate.
    I'll add my recommendation for J Lowes and Tactical Shepherd.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    The guys that owned belair, what ever the other two where called where all brothers. # brothers all owned gun shops, the forth owned the pit beef stand.

I knew them for a long time ago, I wired the A1 safe building a long time ago. 20 years ago you would have had your jaw drop is you saw the attic, it was packed full of guns. Oh how times have changed.
    As I understand it the ceiling of that building has a metal cage in it. They had a burglar one time get in that way and that was how they solved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom