• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    So J2 Defense in Calvert county thinks it’s acceptable to up charge ammo by 200%.

They think it’s ok to charge $420 for 500 rounds of Hereters ammo when it’s sold at Bass Pro and Cabela’s for about $200 out the door with tax.

They also deleted the comment expressing this shameful business practice. If that place is ran by LEO and Veterans like it says then that’s even more disgusting. They are part of them problem not the solution the gun industry needs. Shop there are contribute to it and pay the astronomical prices they are asking.

Attached is a screenshot of the Facebook post they deleted. Just pure disgrace.

Attachments

• CB2B0D2F-DD19-4F2F-8AFF-9A0BB823C85E.jpg
      CB2B0D2F-DD19-4F2F-8AFF-9A0BB823C85E.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 2,654

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    So J2 Defense in Calvert county thinks it’s acceptable to up charge ammo by 200%.

They think it’s ok to charge $420 for 500 rounds of Hereters ammo when it’s sold at Bass Pro and Cabela’s for about $200 out the door with tax.

They also deleted the comment expressing this shameful business practice. If that place is ran by LEO and Veterans like it says then that’s even more disgusting. They are part of them problem not the solution the gun industry needs. Shop there are contribute to it and pay the astronomical prices they are asking.

This is the new normal pricing if you want it on demand.

If you can find at any big-box retailer you should buy all you can- I have found 9mm 115fmj twice in the past several months and I cleaned them out to bulk up and I didn’t feel bad about it then or now, and if I sold I’d be charging market rate, my time and innovative ability to locate were worth it.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    What is J2 paying their distributor?

What did they pay to get this in stock, and what will they pay to restock that empty shelf?

The last time I was at Bass Pro the only thing there was a handfull of rifle hunting calibers and bird shot.

Maybe J2 is paying more to get product and provide a service to their customers who are willing to pay what it takes to get what they need to hunt and shoot, rather than check and recheck the empty shelves at Bass Pro.

There isn't enough info here to demonize them, IMO. They may be doing people a favor.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    You should have bought it. I have not seen a shop willing to sell 500 rounds of 9mm or 223 in a while. It will likey be gone when you go back.

When Biden wins, this will look cheap.

I would definitely not sell, who knows when the scarcity will abate, if it ever does.

You might get it cheaper online, but it will probably come with a 3-4 week wait. Unless your order is cancelled after a few weeks.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ***** I would buy it at Bass Pro or Cabelas if it’s that much cheaper. Makes no sense to pay those prices if the same product is available for less than half that price somewhere else. Double up and buy 1000 rounds for less than the J2 place is charging for 500 rounds. That will learn them for charging so much more than Bass Pro and Cabelas!! It sounds like lots of places have cheaper ammo prices than J2, just buy your ammo there... seems like the logical thing to do! Why pay so much if it’s available so cheap somewhere else?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    That's about the going rate right now. You would be hard pressed to find anyone that even has that much ammo in stock anymore.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I'm not into people whining about $. When I golfed, i used Pro V1 balls.
    I never bought them, I found them. We used to know exactly where to find the golf balls.
    I never paid for balls.
    If you want to play, pay.
    Stop whining.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    When there is a short supply and high demand cost goes up, both wholesale and retail. It's not just guns and ammo, supply and pricing is screwed up on everything. Parts I could get in a day now take a week and cost more. Blame the left not a small business.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Capitalism. Don’t like it? Move to Venezuela

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland

You have no clue what J2 is doing to keep ammo in stock. They have to think outside the box because you can’t get Ammo right now. Go ahead and shop at Bass Pro let me know how that works for you. PS if you don’t like the price don’t buy it. Go back to gym ratz I’m sure they’ll hook you up!

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    If anyone here knows where you can get 9mm for $200/500 post it in the ammo spotting thread, lol. Alongside the unicorn and mermaid pictures.

I’d be in for a good amount at those prices today as would probably the rest of the 9mm owners in the USA which is why it isn’t there waiting for us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom