• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Any forsale or donating???

Before everyone starts piling on TOO much, it is illegal to sell game meat in Maryland. Giving it away/donating it is perfectly legal. When asking if any is "for sale" it will be met with suspicion.
    If you're looking for venison because you don't hunt (like me) or supply a food bank/shelter, I'm sure there are many here who would help you out. If your family is in need of food, plenty of us will take you grocery shopping.
    (I am responding to all the threads)

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    My big 4pt buck was at least 2.5 yrs old, dropped like a rock. Do you think the roasts will be tender? I couldn't let him hang more than 24 hours due to weather getting warmer.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My big 4pt buck was at least 2.5 yrs old, dropped like a rock. Do you think the roasts will be tender? I couldn't let him hang more than 24 hours due to weather getting warmer.

It all depends on how you cook it. Anyone can ruin a good roast. Lol
    As long as you don't over cook it, should be fine. I guarantee you've killed does that were older and I'll bet they were fine.

I always cut my backstraps into thirds. Then I decide whether I want filet Mignon or grilled backstrap roast. Either way, I cook it med rare. :thumbsup:

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I an just like outrider. Only two ways to cook deer, IMO. Medium to Medium Rare for steaks and roasts can be done well but only in a wet environment. Crock, soup/stew or canning. Minus the wet environment and you have dry, tough meat. Bite, sip of water, bite sip of water Chew, chew, chew.

That buck will be fine. I like to steak out of the footboall roasts into steaks. You can do similar with the other flatter round roasts but they are smaller steaks. Those two flatter ones cure really nicely into pastrami also. Dry curing 10 days in the fridge. Smoke 6 hours if you want it as pastrami and all day if you want chipped deer (beef)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom