• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    It has the rear sight that's sort of a square buckhorn. I know the buckhorn sight on a Winchester lever gun has the v shaped cutout on the bottom that you use to sight the front bead on. This one doesn't have that. How are you supposed to use this sight? Do you leave the front bead as low as you can? There's no circle painted on the top of the front bead.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    It has the rear sight that's sort of a square buckhorn. I know the buckhorn sight on a Winchester lever gun has the v shaped cutout on the bottom that you use to sight the front bead on. This one doesn't have that. How are you supposed to use this sight? Do you leave the front bead as low as you can? There's no circle painted on the top of the front bead.

If your Blackhawk has a bead front sight, it is not factory. Blackhawks come standard with a square notch adjustable rear sight, with a serrated black front ramp post sight.

Typically, align the top of the front with the tops of the rear, equal light on both sides. Then some prefer a 6 o'clock hold on the target, others a center hold. I prefer the former.

Some will also apply paint to some/all of the front ramp to help low light visibility.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    If your Blackhawk has a bead front sight, it is not factory. Blackhawks come standard with a square notch adjustable rear sight, with a serrated black front ramp post sight.

Typically, align the top of the front with the tops of the rear, equal light on both sides. Then some prefer a 6 o'clock hold on the target, others a center hold. I prefer the former.

Some will also apply paint to some/all of the front ramp to help low light visibility.

Yeah, it's not a "bead" front post sight. It's a square post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom