• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I gave in and picked one up last night. I've been curious about it and had to try it out. I also bought 2 boxes of ammo for it. The ammo is Winchester Deer Season XP with 150 gr. Extreme Point bullets.

Today I stuck a cheap red dot sight on it and took it to the range. It was pretty close at 25 yards and I got it to hit the bulls-eye at 50 yards. The red dot didn't do so well at 100 yards so I'll be putting on a new 7x32 Vortex scope on it tomorrow.

I like the way it shoots. Hardly any recoil and is pretty accurate (I took the first few shots off hand). This rifle would be perfect for a lady or young hunter. :party29:

I'll post some pics of the target shots I take after I get the scope on. I'm already sure it'll be more than accurate enough to take a deer at 100 yards.

Last edited:

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I was able to shoot 2 different 350 Legends. A Winchester and a Savage. Both were fun to shoot. Friends have been buying them for the hunting season and the new straight walled cartridge allowance.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    It's funny.
    Before the season, I was showing/telling folks (Fudds) about the 350 Legend and straight walled cartridge hunting. They would look at me like I was stupid and say, "All I need is a new 20ga/12ga."
    Now I see those same people coming into the shop buying Savages and Rugers in 350 Legend.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    Freedom Armory in New Freedom, PA had a few last week. Shydas in lancaster had one two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So far I'm being contrarian , and aquiring slug gun while everyone else is unloading them .

DH75

Nov 9, 2020
    Just picked up a Savage350 and love it. The Mossberg 500 slug is officially retired. Ammo is much more economical, AND, target rounds are $15/20rd instead of $18/5rd of Accutip sabot. I can’t wait to try this out soon.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I’m looking to buy one but I can’t find one locally in Maryland.

I bought mine at a Scheels store in Sioux City, Iowa. They have a website so maybe you can order one online. The kid said they had a lot of them in the storeroom.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Put a new Vortex Crossfire 2x7-32MM scope on the rifle tonight. It's raining and the temp is below freezing here so probably won't be able to shoot it for a couple of days.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I zeroed it in yesterday and it was hitting near the bulls eye at 150 yards so I stopped. Came back today and wanted to see what kind of accuracy it was capable of. I started out at 50 yards and it was hitting left I adjusted it right and moved back to 100 yards. I made one more adjustment and decided to record a 3 shot group.

I want to add that I took the shot in the middle and put a black spot on it then hit the lower left hole then the upper right. In between shots I walked down the range to check it out and give the barrel time to cool down. I took my time and looked in the grass for spent cases as well. In other words I didn't take the shots one after another. The wind was calm and it was in the mid-thirties. I peeled the spots off to take the pic. The holes measure just under and inch center to center.
    Pretty good for factory ammo and a quick 3 shot group. I think I could do better and am sure any one of you can do better than me. Here is a pic of the 3 shot group:

Attachments

• IM002797 (2).jpg
      IM002797 (2).jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 213
    Last edited:

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Then I drove out from the range and saw a doe. I posted a pic in the Bambi Whacking thread in Outdoor Sports.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I want to mention that the deer I shot with this rifle just dropped right on the spot. The 35 caliber bullet at this velocity stopped the deer in it's tracks.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I just bought one for the impending firearms season at the The Gun Shop in Essex. Stopped by wally world and grabbed a couple of boxes of 145 grain target loads for sight-in and 180 grain powerpoints for bambi-whacking. I ran out of time to get it sighted in, but I'll definitely get that done during this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom