• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I bought a Ruger American rifle Saturday night and asked the sales kid about their business. He said the firearms were "flying" out of the store this weekend. Is it the same back there in the east?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    They would be flying, if there were any left.

Mostly I have seen a lot of bare shelves and cases.

Ars that sold for $600 in Jan are commanding 1300 or more. Shotguns, at least 2-3x what they were going for in Jan. I saw a plain vanilla Mossburg go for $900.

Its been this way since March, lol. Its not a "this weekend" think.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    My cousin runs a gun shop in Indiana

Says they haven't had a single gun stay available for sale longer than 24 hours before purchase since April

News, used, doesn't matter

It shows up in the store and it is sold immediately

So it's pretty much a national thing

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    They’re disappearing quick here in New Mexico as well. Most of what I bought this year was in January and February before the circus started. Dealers occasionally get stuff in but it doesn’t last long. The dealer I lived near before I moved got in a few Colt LE6920s in July and he was kind enough to hold one for me even though it was a few weeks before I could make the 4 hour drive there. There’s a back story as to why it was worth the 4 hour drive besides the rifle. But the rest sold the same day.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Armageddon officially began Saturday night in case anyone missed it.. Local place I frequent gets in some stuff and anything tactical'ish is usually gone in 1-2 days. They had a used M&P-10 camo/hunting model for $1449..

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    My son is in FL and he says stores have guns! Ammo prices are through the roof 80 bucks for a box of 50 9mm! Gun prices per him are still lower than MD!

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    Yep, things are still as overpriced as ever. I don't see it calming down until the summer at least.

iplay4fun

Aug 15, 2020
    I have been to a couple of local gun shops with barely anything available. It’s been crazy since March

njbroug

Feb 6, 2009
    Laurel
    New Hampshire Maine and Vermont all had plenty in stock when I was up there recently. $10 a box for 20 rounds of PMC bronze and 14 bucks a piece for 30 round mags aluminum or polymer. Pistol ammo was still difficult to come by but most rifle calibers were in stock and most any kind of gun you wanted could be had if you were a legal buyer.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I've been buying guns just because I want them. Why are so many other people buying them? What do they think is going to happen?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I've been buying guns just because I want them. Why are so many other people buying them? What do they think is going to happen?

Like laws that liberals pass, just the presence of a firearm gives the new owner the warm and fuzzies......

Have gun, criminal and .gov will listen now....

Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017
    Might be a good time for me to "thin the herd" of my gun collection. What would be the best way?

You could try consignment through United Gun Shop. They're good to deal with for buying, and shelves weren't full a couple weeks ago. Probably worth a call first, as I think they ran out of room to store any more guns early in the pandemic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom