• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    All last night we had thunderstorms and the temp was below freezing. I don't know how that happens but I knew there was a chance for really bad ice on the trees around here. Luckily, the power lines are all underground in our small town so I didn't really worry about that. I kept hearing a noise like something was sliding against the house but couldn't see anything.

I went to sleep and was awakened by a loud cracking noise so I knew the trees were losing branches or falling down. There's a huge tree in the backyard of my neighbor's with about 6 trunks and that one is bad for losing branches off it. Another tree is 2 doors down and it also has a maple tree with several trunks. A couple of them hang right over my other neighbor's small house. A young couple lives there with a one year old boy. I was really concerned that one of those trunks would fall on their house but it was OK.

My backyard had a bunch of pretty big branches on the ground. Most of them would kill a person if they fell on them. I cleaned up what I could and put them in a pile to burn or dispose of. We have a lot right outside of town we can drop tree limbs at.

My truck was in the driveway. I looked at the tree above it and thought it would be OK to leave the truck there. I went in the house to rest and saw a branch come down on my truck! :shocking:

I called the neighbors and told them to move their cars because of what had happened to my truck. It was a pretty huge branch and it came down on the cab just right to not do any damage to it.

This thing is headed east so I'd be on the lookout.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Lucky for you that limb didn't do any damage to your truck.
    We are supposed to get rain here today but I'm not sure how much.
    I did here something about highs in 50's on Thursday so sounds like it's gonna cool down. Temps have been cool in the morning but ending up mid 70's for the past several days

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Glad to see no one got to badly hurt. Stay safe out there.
    I have two trees I need to take down because of the upcoming winter. Either I do it or nature will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom