• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    How have you guys handled passive aggressive anti neighbor behavior? The crazy horse lady that stole neighboring hunter stands and threatened me with legal bs last season is back stomping around the property line 30 minutes before sundown every day. In the time I've owned and hunted the place she has never done this. She never looks up/into the treeline so Im not entirely sure she knows im back here or not. But it only started up this season. So far she has not stepped overthe line that is covered in no tresspassing signs. I'm thinking its time to setup a stand near the line and give her some grunts next hunt.
    5tsoBg8.jpg

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I would ask her if she’s looking for something? Say you noticed her meandering around on/near your property. Not sure what your report is with her.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Augment your "No Trespassing" signs with a couple of these. Add some camo trail cams and a couple of very visible dummy cams. Wait to be entertained.

Attachments

• security_camera_sign.jpg
      security_camera_sign.jpg
      8.2 KB · Views: 1,972

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    She’s on her property and not actively interfering with your hunt (banging pots and pans and chit) so what can you do?

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I thought that intentionally interfering with legal hunting was illegal. Maybe film her pattern of behavior and take it up with DNR or whoever is the authority with jurisdiction.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Proceed with caution. She is not doing anything illegal. My limited experience with horse people is that they are a whacky, tight night and well funded community. It would not surprise me that she cherishes her horses more than her own offspring. I do not envy your situation.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    have the police do a welfare check on her.
    Report the odd behaviors of an old lady wandering around in the woods.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    She’s on her property and not actively interfering with your hunt (banging pots and pans and chit) so what can you do?

Correct. hence “passive aggressive”. That would be aggressive. But even if she was i dont think dnr would get involved. Just have to live w it and remind her to do it on her end. Going w the dummy cam and putting a trail camera on the line facing her side to monitor. Might as well get her pattern down.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What the heck do you know??

Ohhhh I’m good at wasting government money and this is a waste of government money.

I heard a call over the radio the other day. A boss called 911 to do a welfare check on employee who called in sick fir the day.

#DickMove

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    This is a silly idea

Ohhhh I’m good at wasting government money and this is a waste of government money.

I heard a call over the radio the other day. A boss called 911 to do a welfare check on employee who called in sick fir the day.

#DickMove

From an economic standpoint, the officer is a fixed cost. Utilizing his time costs nothing additional. There would be the increased fuel consumption of driving to the location, which would yes, be a variable cost.

The look on her face when the officer says there have been reports of an older woman wandering in the woods with odd behaviors...

PRICELESS.

In my opinion of course.

I am sorry if I offended your sensibilities.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    From an economic standpoint, the officer is a fixed cost. Utilizing his time costs nothing additional. There would be the increased fuel consumption of driving to the location, which would yes, be a variable cost.

The look on her face when the officer says there have been reports of an older woman wandering in the woods with odd behaviors...

PRICELESS.

In my opinion of course.

I am sorry if I offended your sensibilities.

Or he is investigating a nothing burger and a DV comes out on the other side of his area. His response time is increased and the victim sustains more injuries.

Or let’s say the old Byrd is Antifa and shoots the responding officer

To many stupid variables

Then there’s that while advocating calling the police on a woman doing nothing illegal hanging out on the property she owns

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom