• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Been thinking about a Marlin lever in 45-70 for a while.
    My dream gun is the 1895 in S.S. and laminated stock,, they are around $2000 now.
    Figured I would "settle" for a 16" barreled blck one (MSRP 940.00),, HELL NO, they are going for OVER 2500 on gun broker..

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Yep, was looking for a Henry 45-70 Color Case hardened. None ANYWHERE and on GB prices were insane. Knew I would not find a “deal” but man.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Everything is "out of stock" at normal channels and 2-3X the price on GB.
    And not just the Home Deffense and AR stuff.
    (well, odd thing is 9mm handguns are selling for MSRP on GB)
    even RAR bolt action .22s are sold out everywhere,,,, not like you are going to hold off the mob with that??

Yep, was looking for a Henry 45-70 Color Case hardened. None ANYWHERE and on GB prices were insane. Knew I would not find a “deal” but man.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    OK, this is odd, I can jump on GB and buy a M&P 9mm for MSRP (or slightly below/above),,
    Yet a lever 45-70 or bolt .22 is 2-3 times the MSRP????

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I can't get over the price, and lack of availability for .30-30.

Can’t argue and can only think back to summer before last when CDNN had a “We’re getting out selling ammo” clearance and had all the Federal GameKing 30-30 one could buy (and 22-250 and 25-06) all for prices that make me sick with guilt now and all one bought delivered under on flat $10 shipping rate :facepalm:

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore got some in about a month ago but they sold out pretty quickly. I've got an 1895sbl on backorder for myself with no delivery date. Considered the Henry rifles with side loading gate but they are out of stock everywhere also.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Yeah., A lot of places will take your order/money,

I have a Henry,, not even remotely in the same league as Marlin,, in fact i'll call the 22 I have "Junk"

Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore got some in about a month ago but they sold out pretty quickly. I've got an 1895sbl on backorder for myself with no delivery date. Considered the Henry rifles with side loading gate but they are out of stock everywhere also.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    I've backordered from a distributor - they only bill when they ship.

I've got 3 of the Henrys .22, .22, & 45c. Not too fond of the tube loading. Otherwise, they are ok. Like the USA made though. Skinner sights really helped the .45 big boy. I've also got a Marlin 336 in .30-30 that I really like, a Rossi 92 in .357 (functional but not great) and a Winchester 94 in .30-30 that's post-64.

My preference is also the Marlin or a pre-64 Winchester. I hear good things about the Cimarron reproductions also.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Hopefully they'll be available at a bargain price later this year when the Liberals that went crazy believe the Harris Hype and want to get rid of those "evil" guns. Either that or supply catches back up and you can get them new without crazy markup.

I’ve had luck a week ago and a couple months ago at Wal Mart. I found a couple of leftover boxes at pre hype pricing. I scored some hollowpoints with the cache a couple month ago but have still been able to run across some here and there. The area the Walmart is makes a big difference.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Amen. I've been trying to find an 870 tactical for months and they are like hens teeth... and Im not paying gunbroker prices which have been absurd.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Hopefully they'll be available at a bargain price later this year when the Liberals that went crazy believe the Harris Hype and want to get rid of those "evil" guns. Either that or supply catches back up and you can get them new without crazy markup.

I wouldn't hold my breath on anything, maybe in 4 years.

dleary13115

Jan 10, 2011
    Baltimore County
    I’ve been selling* off some of my excess ammo stash and I go to ammoseek, find the lowest price per round and then sell mine at slightly lower than the cheapest I find. It’s been moving quickly but I still feel guilty selling at these prices. I have to remind myself I’m using the funds to buy match-ammo now that I’m getting back in to competitions...so I’m getting raked over the coals myself haha.

*not selling on this forum unfortunately, because my post count isn’t high enough...despite my join date, and feedback as a purchaser, and my countless positive feedback ALL OVER the internet by the same username)

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I’ve been selling* off some of my excess ammo stash and I go to ammoseek, find the lowest price per round and then sell mine at slightly lower than the cheapest I find. It’s been moving quickly but I still feel guilty selling at these prices. I have to remind myself I’m using the funds to buy match-ammo now that I’m getting back in to competitions...so I’m getting raked over the coals myself haha.

*not selling on this forum unfortunately, because my post count isn’t high enough...despite my join date, and feedback as a purchaser, and my countless positive feedback ALL OVER the internet by the same username)

You're damned close to 50 post some meaningful stuff and start selling to this bunch

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    From what I have heard Marlin was shut down for a while due to the pandemic and then the Ruger sale kicked in. Typical supply chain disruption. I had posted about "Remlin" prices and got no responses. GB prices are insane. Originally I was thinking of putting those out there to finance the Jurassic Park Gun but looking at prices don't think that is happening anytime soon.

I have been contemplating, reluctantly but am downsizing, putting my .44 and .45 Remlins on sale as I have enough JM stuff. Got them cheap and not looking to gouge but a markets a market.

That said no one is getting my. 45-70 around putting a deposit on a WWG takedown, cant imagine what the backlog is on those.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Been thinking about a Marlin lever in 45-70 for a while.
    My dream gun is the 1895 in S.S. and laminated stock,, they are around $2000 now.
    Figured I would "settle" for a 16" barreled blck one (MSRP 940.00),, HELL NO, they are going for OVER 2500 on gun broker..

Got my 1895GBL at Dick’s in Frederick I want to say in August and saw them again on the rack there in October when I picked up a scope there, think I paid $690 or so. Also saw a bunch of levers at The Gun Shop in Essex on Thursday, wasn’t in the market so I didn’t take note of specifics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom