• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Has anyone used the 10 rd Magpul .223 pmag in their .300 Blk? Or would you recommend this one by Lancer? - L5AWM 300 Blackout 10 Round. Getting the makings of a .300 AR pistol in soon and I can’t ship in a 30 rd mag. Magpul doesn’t make a 10 rd. I’m close to Delaware, any gun shops south of Seaford that carry the Magpul 30 rd for .300 BO? Thanks!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don't know about south of Seaford but Cabelas has oodles of 30 round AR mags. I use standard mags for my 300 blackout, no problem.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    I don't know about south of Seaford but Cabelas has oodles of 30 round AR mags. I use standard mags for my 300 blackout, no problem.
    Thanks. Cabela’s is a hike but I might make a day trip of it. I know there’s not much difference in the mags. I also wanted the different mags thinking it’s another way to keep them separated from my son’s 5.56. Don’t want the bullet going down the wrong hole.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    Thanks. Cabela’s is a hike but I might make a day trip of it. I know there’s not much difference in the mags. I also wanted the different mags thinking it’s another way to keep them separated from my son’s 5.56. Don’t want the bullet going down the wrong hole.

Back when I had a 300 blk , I used only the fde magpul to keep them separated. Used black magpuls or other metal or lancer mags for 5.56.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    I use the Magpul 10 round standard AR mag for my 300 BO Subs. I've had no issues in either my carbine or pistol (16 inch barrel and 10.2 inch barrel)
    Thanks. I think I’ll order a few until I can get to DE and buy the 30’s. Plus they probably attract less attention at the range. I assume Maryland ranges will allow you to shoot with a 30 mag? This AR business is all new to me, so I’m learning on the fly.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Back when I had a 300 blk , I used only the fde magpul to keep them separated. Used black magpuls or other metal or lancer mags for 5.56.
    Good idea. Thanks. I’ve been around guns all my life so I don’t see myself making that mistake. More worried about another family member grabbing the wrong mag. I plan to mark the mags with tape or paint somehow as well.

Thanks. I think I’ll order a few until I can get to DE and buy the 30’s. Plus they probably attract less attention at the range. I assume Maryland ranges will allow you to shoot with a 30 mag? This AR business is all new to me, so I’m learning on the fly.

All the ranges I've been to allow standard (30) capacity mags. I personally don't feel the need for 30 round mags in my 300BO and only use 10. It's a hunting gun..Maryland only allows a max of 8 rounds while deer hunting.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    All the ranges I've been to allow standard (30) capacity mags. I personally don't feel the need for 30 round mags in my 300BO and only use 10. It's a hunting gun..Maryland only allows a max of 8 rounds while deer hunting.
    Good point. Lighter and less awkward too I guess.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County

Google "300 Blackout bands". They are bands you put on your mags so you can quickly identify what is loaded in the mags if they are mixed together.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Google "300 Blackout bands". They are bands you put on your mags so you can quickly identify what is loaded in the mags if they are mixed together.
    Thanks for the tip! I like those bands. Can use a different color for supers and subs. Or even grain weight if I want to go that far. I’m going to give them a try and see how they hold up. Much appreciated.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Check out Ride N Slide Tac at 30744 Sussex Hwy Laurel DE. 302-875-7777. They carry plenty of 30 round Magpul Magazines.
    Thanks for the heads up. I don’t go by there often and didn’t even know they sold guns and ammo. I might even stop in there today.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I used to use bands to mark off my .300 blackout magazines, nowadays I use spray paint/masking tape and spray a colored band around them and a small stencil to spray "300 BO" on them just under the band I sprayed.
    Magpul used to sell dye-able baseplates IIRC that would be ideal for this. I keep some home defense magazines that I spray painted the baseplates red so I can tell right away which are loaded with the Hornaday Critical Defense rounds.

On gen 3 magpuls you can fill in the "dot matrix" dots with nail polish or the like.

I prefer 20 round magpuls all around, though I main bench shoot. 30rd ones are a bit too long for my rest.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    You can get the blackout magpul mag at Cabella. It cost a little bit more but has the lettering on it. You can use a permanent color marker and mark it. Bright pink color will do so that you don't make a mistake. We don't want you to come back here complaining! :D

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    I used to use bands to mark off my .300 blackout magazines, nowadays I use spray paint/masking tape and spray a colored band around them and a small stencil to spray "300 BO" on them just under the band I sprayed.
    Magpul used to sell dye-able baseplates IIRC that would be ideal for this. I keep some home defense magazines that I spray painted the baseplates red so I can tell right away which are loaded with the Hornaday Critical Defense rounds.

On gen 3 magpuls you can fill in the "dot matrix" dots with nail polish or the like.

I prefer 20 round magpuls all around, though I main bench shoot. 30rd ones are a bit too long for my rest.
    I’ll probably do something more permanent once I see what I shoot most of the time. Paint with stencil is an option. I’ll see how the bands hold up.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    You can get the blackout magpul mag at Cabella. It cost a little bit more but has the lettering on it. You can use a permanent color marker and mark it. Bright pink color will do so that you don't make a mistake. We don't want you to come back here complaining! :D
    Don’t worry, you’re covered. Not sure about the pink though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom