• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Now that the Democrats control the house the senate and the presidency how long before the second amendment will be removed from our constitution?

"By hook or by crook" is an English phrase meaning "by any means necessary", suggesting that any means possible should be taken to accomplish a goal.”

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Cowzilla said within 100 days or executive action. I’d count on that timeframe as the slowest for action. No reason to continue the slow boil unless they realize that going for the gold will spark the fourth box (although based on most of the comments I read here, that’s not going to happen and they probably know that).

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    It'll only die if you comply

Nice rhyme to it

I hope to god no one gives an inch, but unfortunately I think more people are concerned with keeping their “law abiding citizen” status. Unfortunately too many people forget that the founding fathers were all considered criminals in the eyes of the British.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    If it is dead then so is the rest of the contract between the government and we the people. Game on.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    She needs to remember that much of her Praetorian guard are not onboard with that agenda.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    It's as dead as you let it be.

It'll only die if you comply

If it is dead then so is the rest of the contract between the government and we the people. Game on.

Agree with all the above but,

Unfortunately I think more people are concerned with keeping their “law abiding citizen” status.

As I said above, I see too many even here more worried about “law abiding” to even consider the alternatives.

It will take more than Congress and the President to change the Constitution. Any change needs to be approved by a 2/3 vote in the states. THAT will be a tough nut to crack.

BUT they don't need to remove the 2A, they just need gun owners to continue to sit on their hands and do nothing...(writing letters, sending emails, holding rallies ETC is the equivalent of nothing)

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It will take more than Congress and the President to change the Constitution. Any change needs to be approved by a 2/3 vote in the states. THAT will be a tough nut to crack.

BUT they don't need to remove the 2A, they just need gun owners to continue to sit on their hands and do nothing...(writing letters, sending emails, holding rallies ETC is the equivalent of nothing)

So, you're in DC today? You'll be in Richmond? You sent money to MSI?

Just checking, since you seem to constantly absolve yourself of any responsibility for your own contributions while simultaneously saying "gun owners this, and gun owners that."

I remember a guy like you in high school that was always urging me to beat kids up because I was the biggest kid in the class while saying, "I'm right behind you, but go ahead and start it." Yet, he was always somewhere else watching from afar.

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA

2/3 of Congress proposes a Constitutional amendment. To ratify an amendment 3/4 of states would need to approve. I don't think 38 states would vote to abolish the 2nd amendment.

So, you're in DC today? You'll be in Richmond? You sent money to MSI?

Just checking, since you seem to constantly absolve yourself of any responsibility for your own contributions while simultaneously saying "gun owners this, and gun owners that."

I remember a guy like you in high school that was always urging me to beat kids up because I was the biggest kid in the class while saying, "I'm right behind you, but go ahead and start it." Yet, he was always somewhere else watching from afar.

What part of rallies are the equivalent of nothing do you not understand? My time is better used sitting in front of my reloading bench pumping out the ONLY tools that will actually work when the time comes.

I send my money to GOA. While MSI means well Maryland will never NEVER be a red state and therefore nothing they do will change the big picture here...

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    What part of rallies are the equivalent of nothing do you not understand? My time is better used sitting in front of my reloading bench pumping out the ONLY tools that will actually work when the time comes.

I send my money to GOA. While MSI means well Maryland will never NEVER be a red state and therefore nothing they do will change the big picture here...

Ah, so you ARE that kid that I went to school with. You've got critique of everyone else, yet contribute nothing.

Sit down.

2/3 of Congress proposes a Constitutional amendment. To ratify an amendment 3/4 of states would need to approve. I don't think 38 states would vote to abolish the 2nd amendment.

Thanks for correcting me. That's even better...although again I have total faith that a lefttard controlled congress will try and I have ZERO faith that a right leaning court will rule in our favor.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It depends on the courts and then it depends on the people. If the SC remains intact, the pres/congress can try pushing infringements, but the SC should strike them down. If the SC is compromised by court stacking, it should be a red line crossed to bring Americans off the bench.

Ah, so you ARE that kid that I went to school with. You've got critique of everyone else, yet contribute nothing.

Sit down.

Is there any real difference in what you consider "contributing nothing" and doing something that has the opposite results of your goal?

40 years of rallies and letter writing and yet here we are about to have our rights stripped a little more ...

What's your breaking point Norton? when will YOU finally come to the same conclusion? When you're standing on your front lawn watching federal agents remove your guns from your home?

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Take politics out of it for a second. As more people live in urban areas the usefulness of a firearm is less appealing. There simply isn't space to go shooting.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Is there any real difference in what you consider "contributing nothing" and doing something that has the opposite results of your goal?

40 years of rallies and letter writing and yet here we are about to have our rights stripped a little more ...

What's your breaking point Norton? when will YOU finally come to the same conclusion? When you're standing on your front lawn watching federal agents remove your guns from your home?

I'll take doing something over being the guy that points the finger at everyone else while simultaneously doing nothing. You keep telling everyone else to stand up and fight, yet you're nowhere.

It's tiresome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom