• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    No NRA, No 2A

If you think FPC or SAF will be allowed to exist after the NRA is liquidated you should join the Leviathon group. The NRA does more that just politics, it does culture; who will have a Pelosi approved excuse to have a gun without training, competitions, and firing ranges? NRA-ILA helps pro gun legislators, or will until they too are liquidated by the administration. NRA-PVF is the biggest political action committee for gun rights, until it is liquidated. Remember we are the minority here, it will be easy to destroy us all one at a time. If you can't bring yourself to support the NRA, while I support SAF and FPC, then we can meet up in the labor camps making iPhones with the XIughurs.

david0715

Sep 14, 2020
    The FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition) and a groups of lawyers filing lawsuits at
    Federal and local levels. Time will tell how effective they are.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    As much as I hate the NRA as of current. It would be a dangerous precident to let Biden defeat them. If they fail on thier own so be it but to let Biden take them out is 2A suicide.

As others have said we need to unify like the left does. They left controlled alot when they were the minority because they unified and didnt care about optics. These are definitly things we need to be doing

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I have a proposal.

Someone get Wayne to step down, then Biden can declare a victory for his people, although symbolic only; and the NRA can appoint an actual leader.

Seriously I won't give the NRA a dime until he's gone. He doesn't need to eat steaks on my money.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    ****i wonder how many people on this site, let alone out in the public even know what the FPC is versus the NRA? The NRA, for all of its faults is the largest and most well known organization for firearms enthusiasts.

If the NRA falls, it will be a huge loss for firearm owners, enthusiasts, the shooting sports, and the 2nd amendment.

It will be just one less really big thing standing in the way of legislation being passed to limit or heavily curtail our rights to keep and bear arms.

Most likely nobody is coming for your guns per se as they don’t have to. Restricting ammunition sales, the import of firearms and parts, and legislation tying liability of gun manufacturers for their products are ways of back door essential restrictions that will affect everyone from the most tactical operator with the beards, tattoos, and muscles to the flannel wearing Fudd with the beer gut who likes to hunt deer and ducks, but doesn’t see why anyone needs an AR, or anything more than an old revolver and a small buck knife.

Changes in zoning can eliminate gun ranges, gun stores, warehouses that store firearm componentry, etc.. The NRA has helped slow down this process for well over 100 years now. If they fall. It’s unlikely the FPC or other such smaller organizations will be able to meaningfully influence congress to do anything that benefits us. They just don’t have the same clout, nor the name recognition, money, legislative team, etc..

We ignore the NRA at our peril. Look what has happened in the past few weeks in this country. Our comms have essentially been cut, and momentum has greatly swung to people who want to disarm us.

Do what you feel is best of course, but I’m sticking with the NRA. Biden and his cronies aren’t messing around and they now have a lot more power than they should have.

If I'd had more coffee this morning this is exactly what I would have written.
    :D

I'm a lifetime member but I'm no fan of the way the NRA operates. Back in the 80's I worked for Bell Atlantic and did field service calls. The Saudi embassy in DC and the NRA were two accounts that I remember pretty well.
    They were both palaces. The amount of money that went into these buildings was enormous, literally mind blowing. I appreciate what the NRA does in standing up for my rights but I get the feeling that they're fiscally irresponsible and could do a lot more with their operating budget. Just a guess....
    WLP needs to go.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    as noted above, dems fear the nra. there's a reason they make the nra out to be this big evil enterprise. love the nra or hate it, fact is the left and the press wouldn't be going after the nra if it were a nothingburger, so we need to keep it alive. and really, at $30/year, why not at least give it a try.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Yeah, I don't care for the LaPiere antics but times are a little different now, hopefully NRA will put out some press release on the this soon.

Liftsalot

Jan 9, 2021
    I have heard some online interviews with bidens staff and what they plan to do through executive order and its pretty scary

JChris

Jan 10, 2021
    Clarksburg
    Biden will not succeed in any blanket restrictions,
    Our state legislators will be able to protect us through the supreme court.

Will they?

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    ****i wonder how many people on this site, let alone out in the public even know what the FPC is versus the NRA? The NRA, for all of its faults is the largest and most well known organization for firearms enthusiasts.

If the NRA falls, it will be a huge loss for firearm owners, enthusiasts, the shooting sports, and the 2nd amendment.

It will be just one less really big thing standing in the way of legislation being passed to limit or heavily curtail our rights to keep and bear arms.

Most likely nobody is coming for your guns per se as they don’t have to. Restricting ammunition sales, the import of firearms and parts, and legislation tying liability of gun manufacturers for their products are ways of back door essential restrictions that will affect everyone from the most tactical operator with the beards, tattoos, and muscles to the flannel wearing Fudd with the beer gut who likes to hunt deer and ducks, but doesn’t see why anyone needs an AR, or anything more than an old revolver and a small buck knife.

Changes in zoning can eliminate gun ranges, gun stores, warehouses that store firearm componentry, etc.. The NRA has helped slow down this process for well over 100 years now. If they fall. It’s unlikely the FPC or other such smaller organizations will be able to meaningfully influence congress to do anything that benefits us. They just don’t have the same clout, nor the name recognition, money, legislative team, etc..

We ignore the NRA at our peril. Look what has happened in the past few weeks in this country. Our comms have essentially been cut, and momentum has greatly swung to people who want to disarm us.

Do what you feel is best of course, but I’m sticking with the NRA. Biden and his cronies aren’t messing around and they now have a lot more power than they should have.

It's out money that they use to bribe the F**cked up Congressmen and Ladies.

Nov 10, 2020
    Ever notice that it is never a "good time" to fix the NRA? Is there an extra packet that comes with certain memberships that includes talking points whenever someone criticizes the organization?

The NRA doesn't just exist, it exists because members and donors care about a cause and have chosen the NRA to be the lead advocate of that cause. If the NRA disappeared tomorrow, the idea of protecting gun rights wouldn't vanish. Citizens who donate time and money to protecting gun rights wouldn't disappear. Organizers and lawyers and lobbyists who currently work for the NRA wouldn't just disappear into thin air.

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    No NRA, No 2A

Do people really hate Wayne so much that they would rather live the Beto lifestyle?

It is an option.

Maybe you can get a permit for an airsoft gun [Japan] or a blank gun [India? Are blank guns allowed in India?] or a "trauma pistol" [Russia] or nothing, not even a Barlow knife [United Kingdom].

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom