• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Oct 5, 2012
    I've decided to pick up a Mosin Nagant and I'd rather pick one up in person than order online and have it shipped out. I've seen people recommend Cabela's, Bass Pro and Gander Mountain, but since I'm in the Bel Air area of Baltimore county, the closest of either is a loooong way off. I checked out Keepshooting too, but they're out of stock and didn't know when they'd get more in - although I didn't talk to Mario, so maybe that was the problem. :D I haven't checked out Dick's Sporting Goods, but for some reason I'm not optimistic.

Are there any other relatively local places I should be checking out, any upcoming gunshows in the MD/VA area that would be good to check out?

Lanceman_1

Jul 14, 2011
    I was in there this week and he a at least 4 left in a crate. I think they were the round ones.

Dealer Info - Constitutional Firearms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Company Name: Constitutional Firearms

Storefront: Yes.
    11200 Scaggsville Rd
    Suite 125
    Laurel MD 20723

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    you wont see it in bass pro for sure..

better luck to go to a gunshow (frederick i think is this weekend) or online (online if you have c&r ffl03).

corrected: timonium.. thanks h-c

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Tomorrow and Sunday there's a gun show at Timonium Fair Grounds, and you'll probably find several vendors there selling M91/30's. Shooter's Discount probably will have some (maybe Lou will chime in)... I haven't seen a show where he didn't.

Squib

Oct 5, 2012
    I was in there this week and he a at least 4 left in a crate. I think they were the round ones.

Dealer Info - Constitutional Firearms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Company Name: Constitutional Firearms

Storefront: Yes.
    11200 Scaggsville Rd
    Suite 125
    Laurel MD 20723
    Aha, perhaps I should've asked for Mario directly instead of whomever the nice lady was who answered the toll free line. Is there a Mosin signal I should be lighting for him? :)

No reason not to poke around the Timonium Fairgrounds either, since that's a lot closer.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Tomorrow and Sunday there's a gun show at Timonium Fair Grounds, and you'll probably find several vendors there selling M91/30's. Shooter's Discount probably will have some (maybe Lou will chime in)... I haven't seen a show where he didn't.

Just got home from setting up at Timonium show. Shooters Discount has hardwood AND laminated stocked 91/30's in EXCELLENT condition with bayonet, sling, and accessories.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Valley guns II in inwood wv usually has some. Saw a nice 91/30 in there last week.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Gun Shack has several 91/30s and German and Swedish Mausers right now. Saw them there today on the floor-level rack. Unless somebody bought it, there's also an Arisaka Type 38.

Squib

Oct 5, 2012
    Okay, I picked mine up at the gun show this Saturday, although don't know when I'm going to have a chance to use it - all the local ranges I know about won't let you use something like that on premises, and 25 yards max seems like a waste anyways. :D

The NRA HQ isn't too far away, although I bet it's packed pretty full on weekends. Anyone know of outdoor ranges around the Baltimore area?

Second question - are there any tricks to reassembling the bolt? I took the whole thing apart to clean off the cosmoline, and now that it's all back together, I think that the bolt feels a lot stiffer when I pull it back to cock it (and yes, I did make sure that the firing pin was set correctly when I reassembled the bolt). If I made some beginner's mistake in putting it back together, I'd like a heads up as to what it was.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    Additionally, author Terence W. Lapin's "The Mosin Nagant Rifle" published by North Cape Publications, inc is a great source of historical info.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Okay, I picked mine up at the gun show this Saturday, although don't know when I'm going to have a chance to use it - all the local ranges I know about won't let you use something like that on premises, and 25 yards max seems like a waste anyways. :D

The NRA HQ isn't too far away, although I bet it's packed pretty full on weekends. Anyone know of outdoor ranges around the Baltimore area?

Second question - are there any tricks to reassembling the bolt? I took the whole thing apart to clean off the cosmoline, and now that it's all back together, I think that the bolt feels a lot stiffer when I pull it back to cock it (and yes, I did make sure that the firing pin was set correctly when I reassembled the bolt). If I made some beginner's mistake in putting it back together, I'd like a heads up as to what it was.

congrats on your first mosin. :thumbsup:

2nd: with out any grease or oil.. it will be a little stiffer. its a mosin.. its no remington 700s.. ;)
    i typically add some oil (not inside the firing pin area). it helps a little.

enforcer

Mar 24, 2011
    Hampstead
    Duffy's Guns in northern Baltimore county usually has some racked by the register. Last time I saw, they had 3 or 4. Highly recommend that shop.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    just a heads up.. unless you are using 'expensive' soft point 54r ammo, the NRA range may give you a hard time. the steel core stuff, including surplus and wolf (and of course depending if the range officer that day notices) is not allowed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom