• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    Here is my problem. I have an item in the marketplace. There are 2 people who wanted to buy it. The first member stated his intent to buy the item. Discussed meeting up with the first member to look at the item and if everything looked good, go through with the purchase. Member did not use the commit to buy button to seal the deal. The same day a second MDS member expressed interest in the item. Member went to inspect the item today and used the commit to buy and set up a later date to go through with the transaction. I chose the second member as the buyer because he used the CTB button. First member is now pissed off and was verbally abusive via PM. Who would you have sold to?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'd have to go with the commit to buy button, that's what it's for.

I normally add in my ads - "Commit to buy" trumps all previous discussions/arrangements.

If the individual got abusive via PM, I'd report it in a heartbeat. Getting upset over a missed deal is understandable, but behaving like an angry teenager having a tantrum is unacceptable behavior.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    I normally add in my ads - "Commit to buy" trumps all previous discussions/arrangements.

If the individual got abusive via PM, I'd report it in a heartbeat. Getting upset over a missed deal is understandable, but behaving like an angry teenager having a tantrum is unacceptable behavior.

Thanks everybody. Just read the sticky about the Marketplace too. CTB trumps just a verbal agreement. Which admin would you report the issue to?

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    rules are rules. CTB is the law of the land. oddly enough i have never used the CTB button. I've always bought just one item from a listing of multiple items so i sent pm's and made fast arrangements to get the items.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Brian-

I told you on the phone last night that I would take it. I told you that I would have cash and we agreed to do the paperwork on Thursday morning. I don't see where any of that could have been unclear. You pulled the rug out from under me and didn't have the courtesy to even ask me if I was still interested, even though you knew damn well that I was because I committed to buy last night. I am a man of my word and as far as I was concerned the deal was done, CTB button or not.

I guess it is my fault for not using the CTB button. I'll accept that. But yes I am pissed off. I expected you to be a man of your word. Instead of whining about how I 'verbally abused' you, why don't you just rat me out to the moderators. After the way you blew me off on this deal, I certainly expect that from you.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Thanks everybody. Just read the sticky about the Marketplace too. CTB trumps just a verbal agreement. Which admin would you report the issue to?

Open the pm. There should be a white triangle with a red outline on the red bar with the message title. Click that button and it will direct you from there.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I brought the beer. Who's bringing the beef jerky?

6f6.gif

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    Brian-

I told you on the phone last night that I would take it. I told you that I would have cash and we agreed to do the paperwork on Thursday morning. I don't see where any of that could have been unclear. You pulled the rug out from under me and didn't have the courtesy to even ask me if I was still interested, even though you knew damn well that I was because I committed to buy last night. I am a man of my word and as far as I was concerned the deal was done, CTB button or not.

I guess it is my fault for not using the CTB button. I'll accept that. But yes I am pissed off. I expected you to be a man of your word. Instead of whining about how I 'verbally abused' you, why don't you just rat me out to the moderators. After the way you blew me off on this deal, I certainly expect that from you.

I went by the rules. People say things all the time. I don't know you personally. I didn't have anything to go by that you would keep your word. I don't know what your character is like. Well now I do.

safecracker said:
    That's totally ****ed up since I committed to buy it yesterday.

You are one classless *******.

This was very courteous by the way. I was courteous to you and apologized for what happened.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Did you have the phone conversation with commitment by the first buyer before the CTB button was pressed? If this is the case, I say the OP is at fault for not removing the ad immediately after the deal was reached, and the first guy should get it.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Well sounds to me like you were a little quick to jump on the second offer, but technically speaking the CTB button is the rule around here.

In any case, members have the option of hitting the "report pm" button if they feel a pm was improper. We don't need a public thread airing the whole dispute for all to see instead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom