• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    Kingsville (Hazzard County)
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of trying Corridor H from Harrisonburg, VA area over to Weston, WV. F350 dually pulling a 34 ft fifth wheel RV. Origin is actually Harford County area, headed to Stonewall Resort, just south of Weston. I've done the run several times over the top, ie, I-70W, I-68W to I-79S but was looking to mix it up with something a little different next summer. Would probably do an overnight in Strasburg, VA then head west from there. I've done a little of the western portion from Weston, back through Buckhannon (not towing) but haven't been much farther east than that. I know some areas of this is 4-lane highway but am a little concerned about pucker areas in/around Elkins, etc. What say you?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    from elkins west to 79 it's dead straight and wide. i've done harrisonburg and west to/from canaan, definitely some tight switchbacks but unfortunately have seen (been stuck behind) more than a few semi's (and rv's etc) so it's certainly doable.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    you'll have to mapquest it, but another option is come down 81, to 50 west to 259 south then hop on corr h to canaan, then down to elkins and across 33. canaan to elkins has some switchbacks but nowhere near the severity of going west from harrisonburg.

259 south to wardensville is dead straight and scenic, and corr h/48 west to canaan is incredibly scenic, can see for miles and miles and on a real clear day can see mt storm steam rising from way away.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    I can now be in Annapolis from Elkins in less than 4 hours. Take 66 to 81 or 340 to 7 to 81, then get on 48. It is 4 lane from Wardensville all the way to Davis. The road through Canaan is decent, then you just have the 3 mountains from Harman to Elkins, and they're not terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom