• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Damn, Dude....the scenery is gorgeous, but where's the snaps of the CC Cat?????

Brought back memories of skiing behind my Great Uncle's CC on Conneaut Lake in NW PA.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

You know, it's kind of funny. I took my Arcus 98DA with me to throw in my pack for hiking at Dolly Sods as a "better to have it an not need it" kind of thing, but we wound up sticking to trails closer by and given where we were (Canaan Valley, Davis, Thomas, Dry Fork) I felt like I didn't need to bring it along when we went out.

It's indicative of something people in MD don't understand about CC. If people can CC at will, fewer people actually find the need or desire to CC because there's a tacit understanding that criminals are less likely to try crap as they don't know whether you're carrying or not. I almost never carry in Charleston unless I'm going out to Southridge or the west side.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    You know, it's kind of funny. I took my Arcus 98DA with me to throw in my pack for hiking at Dolly Sods as a "better to have it an not need it" kind of thing, but we wound up sticking to trails closer by and given where we were (Canaan Valley, Davis, Thomas, Dry Fork) I felt like I didn't need to bring it along when we went out.

It's indicative of something people in MD don't understand about CC. If people can CC at will, fewer people actually find the need or desire to CC because there's a tacit understanding that criminals are less likely to try crap as they don't know whether you're carrying or not. I almost never carry in Charleston unless I'm going out to Southridge or the west side.

......and some people completely miss the boat!!!!

Snaps.....as in pictures.....

CC as in Chris Craft......

Cat as in Catalina....

.....I find it very difficult to ski behind my Uncle's Chris Craft on a Lake while concealed carrying!!! Not much concealment available in a bathing suit and a ski belt!!! Oh yeah, I was also about 10 at the time........

No worries, bad day with my elderly Dad, I really needed the laugh.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country

Damn, I carry all the time, home, hiking, fishing, etc... I don't even notice the firearm at my side most of the time. I will always exercise this Constitutional Right.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    ......and some people completely miss the boat!!!!

Snaps.....as in pictures.....

CC as in Chris Craft......

Cat as in Catalina....

.....I find it very difficult to ski behind my Uncle's Chris Craft on a Lake while concealed carrying!!! Not much concealment available in a bathing suit and a ski belt!!! Oh yeah, I was also about 10 at the time........

No worries, bad day with my elderly Dad, I really needed the laugh.

lol, I mean, it IS a shooting forum :lol2:

Exterior shot off the starboard bow, and a shot of the re-finished interior ceiling. It had a faux-fur headliner in it when he bought it. Replaced with bead board and cherry accents. Upholstery was re-done by an Amish family out of Ohio with completely waterproof fabric. This particular family apparently specializes in boat upholstery and does an amazing job of making sure everything is completely water-tight after sewing (taped and glued seams after sewing, etc.)

Here's a link to a 360° panoramic view of the inside of the cabin. Equipped with a full head, sink, flip-up alcohol burner stove, and even a blender. We found 2 bottles of Virginia Gentleman, 2 GLASS handles of Smirnoff, and a bottle of Meyer's rum under one of the seat cushions. It was a drinking boat for sure. They couple that previously owned it would take it down river to the levee for weekends when they have concerts, etc. anchor it, and booze it up all day/night. Most of the booze we found is at least 20 years old.

Attachments

• 20200625_172449.jpg
      20200625_172449.jpg
      85.1 KB · Views: 192
    • 20200625_171846.jpg
      20200625_171846.jpg
      58.2 KB · Views: 199

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Damn, I carry all the time, home, hiking, fishing, etc... I don't even notice the firearm at my side most of the time. I will always exercise this Constitutional Right.

If I moved back, I'd probably carry all the time. I've just got a really compact frame, so I print like a SOB. I'd probably have to go LCP or similar unfortunately. Either that, or drop about 30lbs and carry something Walther PP sized.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    lol, I mean, it IS a shooting forum 2:

Exterior shot off the starboard bow, and a shot of the re-finished interior ceiling. It had a faux-fur headliner in it when he bought it. Replaced with bead board and cherry accents. Upholstery was re-done by an Amish family out of Ohio with completely waterproof fabric. This particular family apparently specializes in boat upholstery and does an amazing job of making sure everything is completely water-tight after sewing (taped and glued seams after sewing, etc.)

Here's a link to a 360° panoramic view of the inside of the cabin. Equipped with a full head, sink, flip-up alcohol burner stove, and even a blender. We found 2 bottles of Virginia Gentleman, 2 GLASS handles of Smirnoff, and a bottle of Meyer's rum under one of the seat cushions. It was a drinking boat for sure. They couple that previously owned it would take it down river to the levee for weekends when they have concerts, etc. anchor it, and booze it up all day/night. Most of the booze we found is at least 20 years old.
    Beautiful boat.

My Uncle's was one of the classic inboard lapstrake runabouts. I don't remember exactly, but in the 20 ft. range. Fast and powerful ski boat before there was such a thing as a ski boat!!

BTW - a move to CC territory would require a new gun for me, smallest thing I have is a Ruger P94DC!!!

a17124e17584b3b861531b348fc38a4c.jpg

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    If I moved back, I'd probably carry all the time. I've just got a really compact frame, so I print like a SOB. I'd probably have to go LCP or similar unfortunately. Either that, or drop about 30lbs and carry something Walther PP sized.

I carry a ruler LC9 and depending on what style of holster I use that day whether I print or not. If its and outside the waistband holster with a teeshirt over it I print like a M-Fer! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom