Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)

Notices

Old December 20th, 2019, 01:19 PM   #301
plinkerton

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
They have to better use what they already have, starting with not pissing off existing members.
I agree. I'm looking into Freestate. It does have disadvantages, but it's also a good bit warmer in the winter, open after dark, and 15 minutes from my house and the guest fee is $11.00
Between club membership dues and range badge fees the cost is the same for me
Old December 20th, 2019, 02:16 PM   #302
sundazes
eloh22a

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBLITZVT View Post
It was not underhanded just because you happened to be under a rock at the time... My club was fully informed. I read the bill long before it was voted on. It is not the AGC's job to make sure the club trustees are doing their job. Your anger is miss-placed. The Trustees have been very resistant to the AGC directly contacting its members. You don't like that, have you trustee make a motion to have the AGC create a monthly news letter and give it permission to contact all members on a regular basis. I personally think it would be a good idea. However lots of gun people don't want to be on any list...

You may not like the way the AGC is set up... however thats the way its been for a long time. It can change but you have to get a trustee willing to vote for that change.
There in lies the rub. Your club seems to be the only one that communicated this to their members. As I said in an earlier post that there was one small blurb in the club Sept newsletter that the change was being considered. Nothing more. Most complaining here were blindsided. Was it the AGC's fault, no, could they have preempted it, yes.
Since the range badges are sold and owned by the AGC, and club members have to purchase them through the AGC, does the AGC need permission from the clubs to email it's customers?

When you say it's been like that a long time, let me state that I have been a member of a club/AGC for more than 35 years. I purchased badges off and on for a good amount of those years. The CLUBS used to sell them as part of the renewal. You would get your membership card in the mail along with the badge. Now you purchase them off the AGC website and pick them up in person.

The only rock I was under was the lack of information being disseminated. It doesn't matter who threw or didn't throw that rock. We don't know what we don't know.
Old December 20th, 2019, 02:30 PM   #303
danb
dont be a dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundazes View Post
The only rock I was under was the lack of information being disseminated. It doesn't matter who threw or didn't throw that rock. We don't know what we don't know.

I feel your pain. I have come to the conclusion that the trustees did not really want the information disseminated. I think that in their infinite wisdom they decided that members would not approve it and so they went the back door route. By doing it at the last minute after renewals had started they ensured badge sales for 2020 would not drop off too much. By the time 2021 rolls around, they are betting people will be over it. Naturally, I disagree. people do not take to being screwed Annapolis style lightly.

Its basically the "lets trick our customers into paying more" theory of business management. I've seen it a million times, it never actually works
Old December 20th, 2019, 03:53 PM   #304
ericoak
don't drop Aboma on me

Funny how my club sent me an email a month ago stating this was being considered to raise money and stop the abuse of the guest system. And the money was going to be used to purchase some additional properties close to the range.

If you weren't aware, your complaint is with your club officers, not to AGC.
Attached Images

Old December 20th, 2019, 04:13 PM   #305
Jerry M

If you’re mad about not knowing about the change, talk to your trustee. My club heard about the problem of people using the AGC for free; the proposed solution - $10 fee; and the club voted to support the motion.
Nothing like legislators in Annapolis or a Democrat sneaking something through. If you’re not involved with your club and blindsided by this $10 fee, try to have the matter revisited.

Good Luck

Jerry
Old December 20th, 2019, 04:59 PM   #306
Art3
Eqinsu Ocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by knovotny View Post
I have sent a nice email to both of my trustees. Curious to see if I get a response.
Any word yet?

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"

I would like to change my gender identity to "Well Regulated Militia."
Old December 20th, 2019, 05:08 PM   #307
MEGARMS
KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3 View Post
Any word yet?
This is worse than sending someone in your own house a text message.
Old December 20th, 2019, 05:13 PM   #308
MEGARMS
KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac43k View Post
I know Stemmers' VOTED YES for this fee.
Yeah, as I recall, Stemmers wanted the fee to be $20
Old December 20th, 2019, 05:17 PM   #309
SWO Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericoak View Post
My indoor gun range in Atlanta was $425 per year with one free guest per visit. Compared to that, AGC is steal.

https://www.quickshotshootingrange.c...ead-membership
It's also an indoor, heated/cooled range, in the middle of a city...which lets a stranger walk in off the street and shoot all day for $16. Not only is it not a comparison...it sounds like a better deal than paying for a club membership, particularly given the AGC's own data on how many times a year members shoot.
Old December 20th, 2019, 05:42 PM   #310
Art3
Eqinsu Ocha

I'm having a hard time buying the "guests are wearing out AGC" rationale. Maybe I've been doing it wrong, but when I have guest there, significantly less rounds go into the berm from my lane than when I'm by myself. A lot more time is spent talking, switching positions, fiddling with gear, etc. than actually shooting. I don't bring guests to do full-semi-auto mag dumps. I didn't think wearing out the berms was such an expense. If anything, it would seem to put more lead into them to be reclaimed (wasn't that supposed to be a big money maker?). I don't know...as I alluded to before, if I understood finances better, I probably wouldn't be into guns.

"AGC needs more money" seems like the simplest explanation. Surprise, surprise...lemme guess, NRA needs more money too? Taxing the members seems like easy money. Just tell us that's the case.

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"

I would like to change my gender identity to "Well Regulated Militia."

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)