Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)

Notices

Old December 30th, 2019, 04:49 PM   #351
Shazam

I got the email form the AGC President today. And I sent him one right back. His email to me was a norelpy but his address is on the AGC website.
Old December 30th, 2019, 08:15 PM   #352
Xshot

I don't follow the "abuse of the guest policy" argument. My membership included bringing guests. For free. If I bring one guest every day, once a year, or 10 guests every time I shoot, it's not abuse. It's included in my membership. Plus. We only get one lane at a time anyways. So who cares. I wouldn't be taking up a dozen lanes. I wouldn't be preventing anyone else from shooting. I'd be jam packed in my lane with too many people which would just suck. But still. It's included in my membership.

Abusing the guest policy. Ha. No.
Old December 30th, 2019, 09:22 PM   #353
Stoveman
TV Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshot View Post
I don't follow the "abuse of the guest policy" argument. My membership included bringing guests. For free. If I bring one guest every day, once a year, or 10 guests every time I shoot, it's not abuse. It's included in my membership. Plus. We only get one lane at a time anyways. So who cares. I wouldn't be taking up a dozen lanes. I wouldn't be preventing anyone else from shooting. I'd be jam packed in my lane with too many people which would just suck. But still. It's included in my membership.

Ed Zachary. Their whole premise for the new guest policy is either A - a disingenuous way to say the action shooting bays are costing more than we planned or B - a cover for someone getting their panties twisted over the existing guest policy and ham fisting this "fix".

People aren't dumb, they see right through this and that email from the president didn't help.

Mess with God's hour you get the Sig Sauer - Jack Wilson (probably)
Old December 30th, 2019, 10:40 PM   #354
Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
Plinking range is still happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
Any idea when?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
Cant say for sure. Just know he's doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundazes View Post
What is the "plinking range"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
(sorry to continue the tangent but)
I dont' have a link but there was talk about one of the action bays being set up for use at any time by members to shoot at pre set up steel targets. A conversation with someone at the range was that they were still working up what caliber restrictions and targets and distances. I think I volunteered to donate materials but never saw any more info on how to do that. If they want to use the power of this forum, they would post what they want for donations in a new thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rseymorejr View Post
I remember hearing about a plinking range being set up in the bay closest to Marriottsville Rd.,with baffles so that it would be a "no blue sky" range. I imagine that's a ways off.
Who is ďheĒ? Who do we need to lobby about this? Obviously our club presidents/trustees. But whom do we ask them to contact? Where can we donate labor and/or materials? I spent parts of some Saturdays working toward the action bays (not nearly as much as some of the hard-chargers who really made it happen) and would like to push this along.

(Questions are posed to anyone who may know the answers; Iím not heckling...)

I have a dream, and itís the (seemingly simple) idea that I can, on a random weekday, park my car next to a bay, set up some targets, and shoot offhand at social distances.

Old December 30th, 2019, 10:40 PM   #355
danb
dont be a dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
Ed Zachary. Their whole premise for the new guest policy is either A - a disingenuous way to say the action shooting bays are costing more than we planned or B - a cover for someone getting their panties twisted over the existing guest policy and ham fisting this "fix".

People aren't dumb, they see right through this and that email from the president didn't help.

Its "B" - "cover for someone getting their panties twisted over the existing guest policy"

Certain people have been getting their panties in a twist about this for years. You can find emails/posts where the same people tried this a few years ago. Instead, we got a clever registration tracking system.

And the only reason to register and track guests is to tax and confiscate them later. It's later! With trustees like this who needs Bloomberg and his minions.
Old December 30th, 2019, 10:41 PM   #356
Slim

Quote:
Sounds like this was in the works before the action bays became a thing, so it could be C, a general-purpose money grab.

Old December 31st, 2019, 09:54 AM   #357
plinkerton

Quote:

Quote:

Saying guests add to range maintenance costs when you can only use one lane per badge hold is crazy
Old December 31st, 2019, 10:21 AM   #358
Art3
Eqinsu Ocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post

I have a dream, and itís the (seemingly simple) idea that I can, on a random weekday, park my car next to a bay, set up some targets, and shoot offhand at social distances.
What...like, for free?

In all seriousness, post your question here:
https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=219398

It may get more appropriate attention there than the current thread.

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"

I would like to change my gender identity to "Well Regulated Militia."
Old December 31st, 2019, 11:04 AM   #359
IMBLITZVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Duke View Post
I attended a Club meeting the first weekend in November. ....The Club Trustees conducting the meeting made no mention of any pending guest policy changes....At that VERY SAME MEETING was a representative OF THE AGC selling 2020 range badges. As was the case with the club trustees, NO MENTION was made of any pending policy and fee changes. ....
I love that the take away is that you are upset that at your club meeting, that the AGC did not step in and make an announcement! It sounds like it was not even past at that point. You do have to realize that plenty of bad ideas get proposed at the AGC and don't pass. It was not policy at that point and there is nothing pending. Your take away should have been that your club did not do its job! Thats the end of it... put the anger in the correct direction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
I'd say belated damage control.

I thought someone said AGC could not contact members directly?
That was me... I will have to find out more on that email. I am unsure who its going to as I don't think its all the membership as we had a shoot this weekend and it seemed several members were not getting it. Maybe I missed a vote at some point granting the ability of the AGC to contact directly. I will have to find out more on that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundazes View Post
I too was dumfounded by the AGC email explaining the guest fee. I would be curious to see the replies the AGC pres would have gotten if they did not send it out with NOREPLY.

I second what danb said about contacting the membership directly. Can some explain why now it is OK to do so?
You can contact the executive committee directly, including the President. Here on the website are all the contact info: https://associatedgunclubs.org/contact-us/committees/

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
Do we know what percentage of charter club members hold AGC badges vs associate clubs? I am wondering whether that has an impact on how the vote went.
Yes, one could easily get this info from the AGC. The number of badge holders per club is published from time to time.

I don't really think it had much to do on the vote...

Quote:
I don't follow the "abuse of the guest policy" argument. My membership included bringing guests. For free. If I bring one guest every day, once a year, or 10 guests every time I shoot, it's not abuse. It's included in my membership. ....
I think the idea is that if one guy is coming as a guest 35 times in a years thats abusing the policy. I don't think many would disagree. Its not people bringing lots of guests... I would say that was encouraged. It was one someone was coming as a guest more than members use the range. Kind of the other way around...

Guys, I got an email from Tom, the President today. He is answering emails you send him. He, like me, is directing you to contact your trustees. However the email he shared with me showed where he took the time to email back Charles B with some very specific info regarding his questions and comments. These emails are not going unnoticed. I highly suggest you email your Trustee and copy Tom on the email. The feedback will be noted and I do think you guys are being heard. I can't say if it will have an impact or not but its certainly being noticed. However as I have been saying and quoting the President's email: Thanks for your feedback. Please remember that the AGC Trustees approved this policy. It is only my job to implement and enforce it. You should speak to your club's AGC Trustee, Bryant CXXXXXX, who emphatically voted for this policy change.

I understand the email was to a no-reply but the Presidents email, along with the entire Executive boards emails are on the website here: https://associatedgunclubs.org/contact-us/committees/
Old December 31st, 2019, 11:25 AM   #360
Stoveman
TV Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBLITZVT View Post

I think the idea is that if one guy is coming as a guest 35 times in a years thats abusing the policy. I don't think many would disagree. Its not people bringing lots of guests... I would say that was encouraged. It was one someone was coming as a guest more than members use the range. Kind of the other way around...

Guys, I got an email from Tom, the President today. He is answering emails you send him. He, like me, is directing you to contact your trustees. However the email he shared with me showed where he took the time to email back Charles B with some very specific info regarding his questions and comments. These emails are not going unnoticed. I highly suggest you email your Trustee and copy Tom on the email. The feedback will be noted and I do think you guys are being heard. I can't say if it will have an impact or not but its certainly being noticed. However as I have been saying and quoting the President's email: Thanks for your feedback. Please remember that the AGC Trustees approved this policy. It is only my job to implement and enforce it. You should speak to your club's AGC Trustee, Bryant CXXXXXX, who emphatically voted for this policy change.

I understand the email was to a no-reply but the Presidents email, along with the entire Executive boards emails are on the website here: https://associatedgunclubs.org/contact-us/committees/

Regarding the bolded portion above one guest visiting 35 times MIGHT be violating the spirit of the policy but again that one guy is only taking up one lane while the member that he came with sits and watches. Same amount of range "wear and tear" as if the member was the one doing the shooting.

And as I have said before, if this chaps people's asses then they know who the member was that brought this guest and can deal with him directly instead of punishing the rest of the entire membership.

The president and you are strongly suggesting that this whole idea was the brainchild of the Trustees and gosh darn it doncha know it's just the president's job to enforce whatever is passed. I'm hearing that it was the other way around and would love to know the truth.

As far as contacting individual club Trustees I emailed both of mine weeks ago. Crickets......

Mess with God's hour you get the Sig Sauer - Jack Wilson (probably)

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)