Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)

Notices

Old May 11th, 2020, 01:31 PM   #31
IMBLITZVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3 View Post
I absolutely agree that the official AGC reps on here have a lousy bedside manner for customer service. There was the suggestion a while back that the AGC subforum should go away and, honestly, I think that would actually be good for PR.
Haha, I did not know I was in customer service. I thought I was moderating a forum. If you think I am any quicker on the delete button than other mods on this forum, you are kidding yourself. Anyway, I do agree that this forum is not benefiting the AGC and I am suggesting we do not renew our IP status. Then you guys will have great customer service like you get from most... ie none.

Quote:
.... Wouldn't it be great publicity if they offered 1 time half price range badges for all, starting now (or as soon as they can make it feasible with some sort of drive up window setup for the office). Or, at the very least, allow half year renewals just like half year new badges...just this once.
Starting now... Oh yeah, great idea! Just screw over all those members who bought early... I am sure we would all be lining up to pay our dues early next time! Sounds like a great idea to not get anyone to renew until you offer some kind of discount.

Quote:
In theory, a public forum like this would seem like a great way to toss around ideas. However, clearly you've seen how it just doesn't work...which is kind of pathetic. We're supposed to be on the same team
Well as the man that came up with the idea... and spend my time and energy to make it happen... I can say the harvest has been bitter! Let me say clearly, that I was wrong and it has not worked out like I had hoped. I am working now to resolve the issue. No one is ever happy. It has not turned into a place where people come to talk about the good and bad, its just the bad with several people who just can't let anything go. Issues from the 90s are still issues... Former members who just can't do us the honor of moving on to their green pastures. About the most team play I see is the help I have received from MEGARMS and I do appreciate that! Its not easy to deal with the constant group of complainers and he has taken several shots, as have I, for standing up for the AGC and what is true rather then let some on here run away with unfair and untrue accusations.

Last edited by IMBLITZVT; May 11th, 2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old May 11th, 2020, 01:34 PM   #32
IMBLITZVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
Just letting you know you have no idea what you are talking about, and I put you on ignore for a while. If you put me on ignore, its like blood pressure medication for the internet, I promise my feelings wont be hurt.
That is fine, keep it on ignore forever. Its pretty simple, you spent many replies telling us how you were giving up your membership at the AGC and going to another range. No hard feelings, best of luck! Now you are no longer a member it would be great if we could stop dealing with your complaining about a range you are not even a member of! Time to move on... how about you put this forum and any thread on the AGC to ignore as its not an issue for you anymore...

Last edited by IMBLITZVT; May 11th, 2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old May 11th, 2020, 06:47 PM   #33
Art3
Eqinsu Ocha

Not viewing the shooting community as "customers" is probably both a symptom and cause for the dissociation felt between members and management of AGC.

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"

"Voltaire weeps."
Old May 11th, 2020, 07:06 PM   #34
jtb81100

Quote:
Not viewing the shooting community as "customers" is probably both a symptom and cause for the dissociation felt between members and management of AGC.
It also is a turn off to potential members/customers. I was seriously considering joining there after finding this forum. Sounds like a great facility, but the interactions I've seen on here between members and officials since I joined here in 2012 changed my mind pretty quickly.
Old May 11th, 2020, 07:41 PM   #35
PowPow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb81100 View Post
Sounds like a great facility, but the interactions I've seen on here between members and officials since I joined here in 2012 changed my mind pretty quickly.
Why not visit and form your own opinion?

Come on out on Tuesday nights and shoot some bullseye with us on the 50 yd pistol range. You might change your mind.

Practice starts at 4:30, action starts at 6. Open to the public. (no AGC or club membership needed) Bring a pistol, two mags, eye & ear protection, and at least a 100 rds of ammo. $5/night covers league expense. You're your own competition. (and due to COVID, bring a mask too, but you don't need to wear when shooting.) We are starting the summer league tomorrow, 5/12.

#WeWillNotComply
Old May 11th, 2020, 07:42 PM   #36
ericoak
don't drop Aboma on me

Quote:
Why would people who donate time for free look at other club members as customers? Are parents whose kids are part of a youth soccer league customers of a parent who coaches and gets paid nothing? AGC is not a business.

Old May 11th, 2020, 07:43 PM   #37
ericoak
don't drop Aboma on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowPow View Post
Why not visit and form your own opinion?

Come on out on Tuesday nights and shoot some bullseye with us on the 50 yd pistol range. You might change your mind.

Practice starts at 4:30, action starts at 6. Open to the public. (no AGC or club membership needed) Bring a pistol, two mags, eye & ear protection, and at least a 100 rds of ammo. $5/night covers league expense. You're your own competition. (and due to COVID, bring a mask too, but you don't need to wear when shooting.) We are starting the summer league tomorrow, 5/12.
I thought Phase 1 is members only?

Old May 11th, 2020, 07:56 PM   #38
dist1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmbspyder View Post
Iím not looking for any handouts, nor do I think the AGC is responsible for providing them to membership. What I do think would be nice, is if those that hold positions there, would stop being so combative and acting like we all owe them something.

Whether you like it or not, we are all customers, who have paid the AGC for their services. The experience is seriously diluted by the attitudes in the front office. I donít care if leadership is ďvolunteerĒ. Donít do it if you canít handle feedback or opinions that you donít like. Itís a crappy look for the organization and divides a 2A base that should not be divided.

Lastly, the AGCs absolutely horrific budget management has been well documented over the years. If monthly budgets and PnLs are lean, itís a direct result of the crap management of the surplus cash that has been generated and then pissed away frivolously.
You are correct. I served on the board and as an officer of multiple clubs over the decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBLITZVT View Post
That is fine, keep it on ignore forever. Its pretty simple, you spent many replies telling us how you were giving up your membership at the AGC and going to another range. No hard feelings, best of luck! Now you are no longer a member it would be great if we could stop dealing with your complaining about a range you are not even a member of! Time to move on... how about you put this forum and any thread on the AGC to ignore as its not an issue for you anymore...
If the heat that comes from being on a forum is too much and/or if everyone doesn't agree with the narrative being sold, maybe the AGC should leave the forum and start their own. BTW, I could hear you shooting FA at my house. I also happened to drive by around 10:00 and glanced over to the range as I went past. The first thing I noticed were 2 range rule violations for improper target placement. Imagine that. Now, think about this, just because someone stopped being a member does not mean that they will not decide to rejoin at some point in the future. Maybe they should not be belittled for leaving.
Old May 11th, 2020, 08:11 PM   #39
PowPow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericoak View Post
I thought Phase 1 is members only?
The Bullseye league is a club-regulated (Garrison Rifle & Revolver) event.

AGC Calendar Event
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 04:30 PM - 08:00 PM
Event Bullseye Pistol League
Lanes : 30
Club Garrison Rifle & Revolver Club
Facility Pistol Range
Status Public
Range Range Open-Club Regulated

#WeWillNotComply
Old May 11th, 2020, 08:50 PM   #40
MEGARMS
KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericoak View Post
Why would people who donate time for free look at other club members as customers? Are parents whose kids are part of a youth soccer league customers of a parent who coaches and gets paid nothing? AGC is not a business.
Well said. The paid staff should see all of us as customer, but the volunteers are just there to do their best and make things as good as they can be for everyone.

No matter how hard the volunteers try, there will always be someone(s) who are not happy. The ironic thing is, those are the very people who need to get involved themselves and change what it is that they do not agree with. Much easier to sit home and be keyboard warriors I suppose.

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)