• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Don't know you but totally understand your position! I have spent a lot of time and $$ trying to help new shooters over the years and it often was taken for granted.

I'm crotchety enough now I would not dream of having people I did not know and really trust come shoot on my place.

Really appreciate what you tried to do for the community, sorry it didn't work out any better but I fully understand you not wanting to put up with destructive, unsafe, jackasses.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I'm crotchety enough now I would not dream of having people I did not know and really trust come shoot on my place.

Really appreciate what you tried to do for the community, sorry it didn't work out any better but I fully understand you not wanting to put up with destructive, unsafe, jackasses.
    Yes. This part.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    hate mail?? damn man, that's outrageous considering the generosity of your offer! I wish I had my gun zero'd in better and the ammo for it, because I'd love to see what it could do past 200 yrds. Will you be doing this again post harvest, or that a no go due to hunting? If not, count me in for next spring. I just joined Dug Hill Rod and Gun, but it would nice to meet other Westminster shooters or have somewhere to go out past 200

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    hate mail?? damn man, that's outrageous considering the generosity of your offer! I wish I had my gun zero'd in better and the ammo for it, because I'd love to see what it could do past 200 yrds. Will you be doing this again post harvest, or that a no go due to hunting? If not, count me in for next spring. I just joined Dug Hill Rod and Gun, but it would nice to meet other Westminster shooters or have somewhere to go out past 200

I'll be shooting out there every weekend at a minimum. I hunt year round on crop damage permit and do 'drills' for conceal carry shooting. It's just no longer open to guests due to recent events.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Sorry to hear about the hate mail. Seems to be a lot of that going around these days. Too much hate in the world!

Wish I had something dialed in for long range.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    And there you have it, proof that some people really are that stupid! Sorry this happened to you Moorvogi. Your allowing guests at all was more than generous!

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Serious request here for all of the people who had a hand in ruining this for everyone else (yes that included you Karens that tried to shame him for asking for donations).

Please go take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and realize that you are looking at one of the people that once again helped shut down yet another shooting opportunity for people in this state.

Next ball up your fist and punch yourself in the balls as hard as you can dummies!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    oh HAHAH .. i'm making a short list.. and you're out because you're tall. Well.. you're still shorter than me!

I was trying for a bit of levity on a tough situation . If you invite folks to your place certain courtesies should be extended .

Sorry for the issues you have had .

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Well thanks for the attempt mate. Sorry that you had to deal with morons. Glad that you are safe and still have your feet.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, I've been to some large farm shoots but I go with low expectations/minimal shooting and off beat tempo especially when someone brings several truckloads of first time newbies which happens everytime

Farm shoots are best only with you and just a very few people you know who can be on the same page with you. From start to clean up

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Yeah, I've been to some large farm shoots but I go with low expectations/minimal shooting and off beat tempo especially when someone brings several truckloads of first time newbies which happens everytime

Farm shoots are best only with you and just a very few people you know who can be on the same page with you. From start to clean up

Yep. For what it's worth there were some wonderful people that came. not all of them were bad. The first couple guests knew each other and shot w/ each other before but understood my concerns. Scopes can be off, wiggle loose, etc etc. i get that.

There's a guy that comes up every weekend, every other at the least. He's been coming up for the last 2-3 years. We shoot A LOT together sometimes with his son. Even with the frequency we shoot together, there is still only 2 shooters at a time.. and a spotter. Or 2 shooters and a clay thrower.. etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom