Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Gym Ratz Nutrition
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old July 1st, 2020, 05:56 PM #91

I just got back from John’s shop. While I was there the phone was ringing off the hook and the place was crowded. We spoke briefly about how difficult it is to get things in. I mentioned about this thread and he is aware of it. I got the feeling that he didn’t want to get into arguments on forums. I can understand the sentiment as one other poster has already mentioned.

Some things that I saw while there makes me wonder how he can have such patience. One guy ordered a pistol, not going to identify the make, and it had come in. When the guy came to pick it up, he didn’t like a mold mark on the frame. He didn’t want it and left. John showed me the pistol and I asked him what was wrong with it. I couldn’t see anything wrong. He had to show me a little mold line that was on the side that was about the size of the tip of a dental pick. I said you are kidding, he wasn’t. John tried to order a new one, as with most things, a replacement isn’t available. The guy came back in today and was wondering if John had found another one, he hadn’t. The guy finally took the one that had come in. This guy took up a lot of time. There is a lot more to this, but this gives one an idea of what is going on.

Two guys came in looking for some obscure ammunition. All of this takes time and with the shortage of stuff this is trying times.

Something to consider. Try contacting Dillon or MidwayUSA by phone and see how far you get.
Scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 05:57 PM #92

I’m caught up in this with a order that was supposed to take a week or so back several months ago (pre-lockdown).

As a fellow business owner, communication is KEY. People would rather hear bad news than nothing. When you hear nothing people immediately think the worst. That is what is happening in this case - no communication.

Business hours are 25 hours/WEEK. (Tues-Sat 12-5)
Can be on the phone with customer service getting updates on shipments and calling customers with updates 21+ hours/Week (Mon 9-5, Tues-Fri 9-12)

My last face to face he took my name and number again, put the sticky note on the computer and said he would call me later. I said please call even if the distributor’s customer service doesn’t call you back. “Ok, I will”..........
JPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 07:23 PM #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossPumper View Post
He will be open the posted hours.
12:00 - 17:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericoak View Post
He said they are closed for the Holiday Friday and Saturday.
So, which one is it??
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
-Declaration of Independence 7/4/1776
Bisleyfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 07:31 PM #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericoak View Post
UPDATE:

This thread made me nervous, so I just tried calling again. I got through and spoke with John ( I heard his phone ring 3 times while he was on the phone with me for 2 minutes). He has my Form 4 and I am going to go pick up my can next week. He said they are closed for the Holiday Friday and Saturday. I mentioned this thread to him because I wasn't sure if he was aware. He said he is aware, but he said posting replies is likely to turn into internet arguments that doesn't help anyone. I agree with that sentiment. I told him I would post on here that I spoke with him, they are obviously still in business. My impression is he is a good guy who just got caught flatfooted by the coronavirus and riots.
I'm glad people are finally getting some of their stuff, but can't blame all of the customer service issues on covid. The complaints about him on reddit go back a year.
jtb81100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:45 PM #95

Not to cast any aspersions, but with all these issues and it having been said that John doesn't have the best memory about some things, I am wondering what his FFL records look like. Not sure if the ATF would be as forgiving as the average MDS member.
Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today? Thomas Sowell
KJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:51 PM #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJackson View Post
Not to cast any aspersions, but with all these issues and it having been said that John doesn't have the best memory about some things, I am wondering what his FFL records look like. Not sure if the ATF would be as forgiving as the average MDS member.
That would be absolutely the worst way for this to go. Even if everything is letter perfect everybody loses.
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:54 PM #97

"ratz" is all you ever needed to know
brownspotz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 09:25 PM #98
Watch your beer

Watch your beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJackson View Post
Not anyone’s business
Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:44 AM #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
Man, sure hope you mentioned that logging into the forum might be a nice idea.
I was drolling over a few Henry Rifles.I will be by there tomorrow to pick up some parts. I will kindly remind him .
Old July 2nd, 2020, 01:42 AM #100
don't drop Aboma on me

don't drop Aboma on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossPumper View Post
I was drolling over a few Henry Rifles.I will be by there tomorrow to pick up some parts. I will kindly remind him .

He’s aware.

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Gym Ratz Nutrition