• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Just started the clock on a YHM Turbo K. The last purchase was 7 months, hoping this one is similar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Just curious, where did you go to get prints done? Picture?

I went to Free State in Middle River. Call ahead, though, and make sure you indicate that you need the paper cards, not livescan. You need two of the cards done...it was $25.

The pic was also done at free state, but I took it off of a Form 4 paper application that I had done about a year ago. You can download a passport photo app and do it yourself.

I don't love Free State, but they've got a real one stop shop for any ATF form stuff.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Just checking to see how long current time are and wondering if you can do a form 4 on efile anymore? Also curious to know .. If i use a dealer for this transfer and he does form 3 efile from seller to him, does anyone know the approx time on that??

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Created an e-filed Form 1 on 7/13. Took Silencer Shop up on their make-amends offer to mail in my prints (just had to email the barcoded form to them). Got confirmation a couple days later that they'd done so.

Form 1 approved (and thus, PDF flavor of stamp in hand via email) on 8/3.

Time to get this DIY can done.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    While I think Silencer Shop got railroaded by incompetent ATF drones, I hope they eventually start offering a new eForm1 support service if they can’t do they entire thing for customers. Basically the support they provided to people caught in this to file their own eForm1 for a nominal fee, maybe $15. Prints, photo, and use of whatever trust construct they want to use. Single shot unlimited in my case. All supporting documentation organized and ready to go.

They would make a killing for basically zero work on their part. Not as good as the $34 or whatever they were hoping to charge, but better than $0.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    While I think Silencer Shop got railroaded by incompetent ATF drones

Yup. Looks like they (SS) acted in good faith based on very specific advice from ATF ... only to have ATF suddenly have other thoughts. Even the ATF's explanation makes no sense: SS basically lined up all the paperwork in an easy (for me) way, and then passed the baton to ME to sign into a made-for-me ATF portal account, digitally sign, and kick the process into the next step. But ATF's altered position on this is that that still constitutes SS doing it "on my behalf."

Whatever. Re-did Form 1 e-file, leveraged SS having my prints ready to go and being willing to pass them along to ATF at no charge to me, and things were wrapped up in under three weeks. Now I just need to find a big enough time window to allow for cleaning up what I'm sure will be a Drilling Lube Apocalypse. We'll see! Next one (with ATF, for this still-almost-a-noob) will go a lot smoother, I'm sure.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yup. Looks like they (SS) acted in good faith based on very specific advice from ATF ... only to have ATF suddenly have other thoughts. Even the ATF's explanation makes no sense: SS basically lined up all the paperwork in an easy (for me) way, and then passed the baton to ME to sign into a made-for-me ATF portal account, digitally sign, and kick the process into the next step. But ATF's altered position on this is that that still constitutes SS doing it "on my behalf."

Whatever. Re-did Form 1 e-file, leveraged SS having my prints ready to go and being willing to pass them along to ATF at no charge to me, and things were wrapped up in under three weeks. Now I just need to find a big enough time window to allow for cleaning up what I'm sure will be a Drilling Lube Apocalypse. We'll see! Next one (with ATF, for this still-almost-a-noob) will go a lot smoother, I'm sure.
    When you get a eForm 1 from start to paid in 8 minutes, you'll have it golden. But if you can keep it under 30 minutes per submission, you're good to go.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I couldn’t help it anymore and called this morning. Still pending at 197 days for a f4 ind. patients are not one of my virtues especially seeing a lot of guys come back under 120 days lately. I try not to complain because I know of a few that where in the 400 plus club.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I hope they eventually start offering a new eForm1 support service if they can’t do they entire thing for customers. Basically the support they provided to people caught in this to file their own eForm1 for a nominal fee, maybe $15. Prints, photo, and use of whatever trust construct they want to use. Single shot unlimited in my case. All supporting documentation organized and ready to go.

They would make a killing for basically zero work on their part. Not as good as the $34 or whatever they were hoping to charge, but better than $0.
    I finally got my electronic prints saved so I can print on demand, but before that I would have loved to have SilencerShop offer a service where they received my cover sheet electronically, printed my kiosk prints, and mails it all to ATF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom