• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 4, 2015
    Love them or hate them they are the biggest bully in the room and we get to stand behind them. There’s no second place contender.
    Without the NRA we have no effective legislative voice.

The same NRA that endorsed NFA, GCA, the Hughes Amendment, and personally asked for the Bumpfire Stock ban?

Of what possible use are they to the 2nd Amendment?

I know their propaganda insists they matter, but when you look at actual cases and actual legislation, no, they don't. They're a shooting organization for Fudds, not a 2A organization.

I don't "Get behind" people who are actively sabotaging my rights under the myth that they're somehow helping me.

Jun 4, 2015
    That podcast was painful listening. It’s insane a group that big has no checks and balances to gut the corruption and waste. We need a serious, independent BOD and a new leader. ASAP

This happened in the 90s, too, and Neal Knox warned about it. In response, they did their best to get rid of him, even though he managed to expand leadership, generate income, and was actually pro 2A.

They replaced him with LaPierre.

That's all you need to know about the NRA's endemic corruption, coming up on 30 years.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The same NRA that ... personally asked for the Bumpfire Stock ban?

No, they scrambled to keep the inevitable ban (in the wake of the Vegas mass murder event) from being LEGISLATED (along with a bunch more infringing crap) - a turn of events that is much harder to challenge/undo later on. The simple executive action barely (thanks in large part to the NRA dragging it kicking and screaming out of Nancy Pelosi's excited grasp, on its way to becoming a law) moved the ban's venue into a far more reversible form. They didn't "ask for a ban," they did everything they could to make it an order instead of a law. The difference is huge.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I am a life member but I don't tell people that. I like their magazine but that is about it. I now send money to Gun Owners of America. NRA needs to clean house and rid of establishment types. I don't like their attitude, its too much compromise and not enough fight! Look what they allowed to happen in their state. They have basically given up on us here in the Democratic People's Republic.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    The same NRA that endorsed NFA, GCA, the Hughes Amendment, and personally asked for the Bumpfire Stock ban?

Of what possible use are they to the 2nd Amendment?

I know their propaganda insists they matter, but when you look at actual cases and actual legislation, no, they don't. They're a shooting organization for Fudds, not a 2A organization.

I don't "Get behind" people who are actively sabotaging my rights under the myth that they're somehow helping me.

I agree 100%. This was grandpa's organization, and even then the NRA was too stupid to see what was coming. What we the 2A community needs now are fighters. Not scotch swirling fudds that sit around and talk about the classic days of bird hunting.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    NRA

Love them or hate them they are the biggest bully in the room and we get to stand behind them. There’s no second place contender.
    Without the NRA we have no effective legislative voice.

Agree with this. Don't always agree with them but they the only real PAC we have.

BillH

Exalted Grand Poo-bah
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2009
    Ellicott City, MD
    I haven’t given money to the NRA in years and usually just throw away their fund rising mailings. I’ve had it with Wayne, aside from his electioneering. I’m ticked off by his spending og our NRA money to feather his own nest.

Aside from walking away from the NRA, another solution is we members need to start looking into who to vote for and then VOTE. VOTE, VOTE, VOTE...

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    No, they scrambled to keep the inevitable ban (in the wake of the Vegas mass murder event) from being LEGISLATED (along with a bunch more infringing crap) - a turn of events that is much harder to challenge/undo later on. The simple executive action barely (thanks in large part to the NRA dragging it kicking and screaming out of Nancy Pelosi's excited grasp, on its way to becoming a law) moved the ban's venue into a far more reversible form. They didn't "ask for a ban," they did everything they could to make it an order instead of a law. The difference is huge.

Nothing was inevitable. They picked some low hanging fruit and a whole bunch of people are breathing a sigh of relief because "it doesn't bother me, I don't own one and don't want one."

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    IMO the SAF has done enough to warrant our support, same with JPFO, state orgs and several others. If NRA fails due to their own mismanagement we are boned, so support them if you wish, but building up other 2A orgs as a "plan B" if nothing else is a really good idea right now.

Good idea. I JUST NOW became SAF Life Member. I also belong to MSI.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    It seems to me that we're getting fewer NRA solicitations in the mailbox, and that their magazines have been getting thinner and thinner. We get three of their magazines sent to the house (AR, SI, and A1F) with the life memberships.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It seems to me that we're getting fewer NRA solicitations in the mailbox, and that their magazines have been getting thinner and thinner. We get three of their magazines sent to the house (AR, SI, and A1F) with the life memberships.

Yup. People are withholding support, and thus killing it. The NY AG smells blood and just announced her intention to literally destroy the association. Anyone who thinks the other 2A orgs won’t be next are kidding themselves.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yup. People are withholding support, and thus killing it. The NY AG smells blood and just announced her intention to literally destroy the association. Anyone who thinks the other 2A orgs won’t be next are kidding themselves.
    The NRA under WLP is CLEARLY mismanaging their money in a criminal fashion. Unless GOA, NSSF, SAF, etc. are also criminally mismanaging funds, then they have nothing to worry about. I have no doubt in my mind that the AG is loving going after the NRA, and did target them for political reasons - but that doesn't mean that WLP isn't using NRA as a piggy bank, either.

Honestly, the best case scenario here would be WLP and all of the self-dealing members of the board going to jail, and the organization being allowed to restructure itself.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    ... I have feared for a while that the NRA's no-compromise stance will eventually backfire and blow back on all of us

We must be talking about a different NRA.

My NRA 5-year membership expires next year around this time. I was considering upgrading to lifetime ...also considering not renewing with the NRA and joining a different pro-2A organization.

I would suggest supporting JPFO, SAF, and GOA. If in Maryland (or have more to contribute), MSI. Donating time calling, writing, and showing up for hearings is also crucial.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think one thing that has not been considered is how much of a morale boost for the gun control movement it would be to topple the NRA.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom