• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I'd take CA's CCW permitting scheme over MD's any day. Since the sheriff has so much control over the process, many counties are more or less shall issue.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    We all know this chit goes on everywhere in the world & US . The most expensive pay to play is New York City , you have the money you can play .

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    This was the way it was in Maryland before Mandel and the Wear and Carry era. The Sheriff in my county would give you a special deputy sheriff badge if you voted from him. Heard that one of Mandel's friends couldn't get one because he didn't vote for his sheriff, complained to the governor and the rest is history.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Allowing local decision making invites corruption. Not surprising.

That I agree , but the huge problem is permits should not be for the folks that have money or can afford them .
    The everyday working man or woman should be able to carry to protect themselves .

Nothing pisses me off when constitutional rights have huge values to them or really any values attached to them .
    This crap has to stop .

1911msc

May 12, 2020
    North San Diego
    Pay to play.

This came out in Peruta Vs SD Sheriff in SD District Court in front of Judge Irma Gonzalez circa 2010. Mark Cleary had numerous documented death threats via police reports and one death threat actually witnessed by LEO who made statement. The Lic Div which had given out 2500 ccw refused Cleary ccw saying "we have never given ccw to a nurse". Cleary immediately joined "The Honorary Deputies Sheriff"s Association" and was granted ccw with hundreds of other "donation giving business leaders". I was there and witnessed this travesty and abrogation of my rights. The Peruta council had dozens of "Honorary Deputies applications displayed having no good cause and this caused much embarassment to Sheriff and Lic Div manager Blanca Pelowitz who took the stand. Good times ! Enough conversating I dare not tarry, I have hi cap clips to procure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom