HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'm an antique bottle collector, there's dozens of different cannabis medicine bottles that date back to the 1800's. Here's one from Baltimore, Maryland. Your ignorance of history is obvious.

We’ll that’s sure a bitch-slap of proof!

While I currently do not use cannabis, If I ever find myself suffering from chronic pain I will certainly choose cannabis over opiates if those are my only two options. Hopefully the law will be changed by that time.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    We’ll that’s sure a bitch-slap of proof!

While I currently do not use cannabis, If I ever find myself suffering from chronic pain I will certainly choose cannabis over opiates if those are my only two options. Hopefully the law will be changed by that time.

Cannabis is an effective and generally safe medicine unlike the deadly addictive opiates and prescription pain killers that kill literally tens of thousands of Americans every year but are still perfectly legal.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm an antique bottle collector, there's dozens of different cannabis medicine bottles that date back to the 1800's. Here's one from Baltimore, Maryland. Your ignorance of history is obvious.

****That's a really cool piece of history right there! I was at an antique store in Havre de Grace and there was a cool store with hundreds of bottles like that, some of which were by Bayer and they were selling heroin as a cough suppressant for kids, and to help treat colds, etc... They also had pics and promotional material of syringes of morphine and other opiates for sale mail order and at pharmacies I guess to help treat chronic pain for veterans injured in the Civil War, etc.. There were instruction books on injecting yourself with these syringes sold over the counter.

The syringes had scary looking FAT needles that would probably scare most people today to just feel better on their own!

Lots of posters and cool bottles. They had a whole section on cannabis products used in the 19th century as well, including tinctures, etc...

Some crazy guy got the idea to mix the kola nut with cocaine to ease heroin withdrawal problems and named his product.... wait for it!! Coca-Cola !!! I've got a case of the new, non cocaine stuff downstairs in my fridge right now!!!

When I visited China, I remember being at a museum where they discussed the use of marijuana mostly as herbal medicine half a Millenia before Christ. There were burnt seeds of MJ found in old Shaman temples, etc...

MJ has been around for some time, and used as herbal medicine for most of it's existence.

It's not just about Dave not being here, man. It's Reefer Madness I tell ya!

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I am not wondering about HIPAA and why is that info not protected info? - sorry if this was covered, I admit not reading the thread....

I clearly do not understand this, but then this type of thing was never a concern to me. Why would an entry on a govt form be outside HIPAA unless that is part of the agreement?

If the MM request says the user must agree to waive rights or have their MM info public, then that would explain it.

Hey genius! One of the forms you fill out and sign when you buy a handgun in MD gives MSP to.....hold on to your shorts here skippy....LOOK INTO YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS! You literally sign away your HIPAA right when buying a handgun in MD. I have no idea if the same form is in the HQL crap because I never bothered to get one, I was leaving so I was not giving them another $50 for a BS "license".

fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    The OP stated that when pain becomes unbearable, she uses a medicine that's legal in the state, but illegal federally. I 100% support her in either
    a) building 80% firearms to exercise her INALIENABLE right to keep and bear arms while keeping her card
    b) Give up her card to buy guns through normal channels, but just obtain her medicine on the black market.

You should know that there are lots of different types of cannabis with different properties. They're very chemically complex. Some strains can be effective for mitigating the OPs symptoms without much mind altering.

You know what I find more annoying than someone discovering the infringements placed in between her and exercising her 2a rights? Someone actively pushing to support those infringements.

Sir you are in denial. Have you smoked cannabis every day for an extended period of time? Have you proclaimed that you need cannabis to survive one more day? I’m thinking no? So how can you easily defend someone that has??? You are so entrenched in your 2A rights that you support drug use and want a drug user to be standing next to you with a lethal weapon. Maybe that’s good for you but it’s not. Do the 2A battle Generals really want to push drug users during a losing climate??? Apparently you all didn’t read my previous post. There will be droves of Physicians stating that cannabis does more harm than good. I see it everyday. You attack me but there is no room in the 2A world to support drug use. Your dispute is denial and ignorance. it’s really weird that a lot of you openly support drug users buying guns.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Sir you are in denial. Have you smoked cannabis every day for an extended period of time? Have you proclaimed that you need cannabis to survive one more day? I’m thinking no? So how can you easily defend someone that has??? You are so entrenched in your 2A rights that you support drug use and want a drug user to be standing next to you with a lethal weapon. Maybe that’s good for you but it’s not. Do the 2A battle Generals really want to push drug users during a losing climate??? Apparently you all didn’t read my previous post. There will be droves of Physicians stating that cannabis does more harm than good. I see it everyday. You attack me but there is no room in the 2A world to support drug use. Your dispute is denial and ignorance. it’s really weird that a lot of you openly support drug users buying guns.
    Just so we're clear....you....the person that posted this....
    Annotation 2020-08-12 215420.jpg

....you...you're the person wondering if I am helpful to the 2a fight in md? lolz. And ignorance? nahh. Ive got plenty of friends/family that responsibly use cannabis while leading great and successful lives. I've also personally found it helpful in the past for managing symptoms of UC, so I have direct knowledge of it as well. And speaking of "the 2a world", what exactly have you done to stand up for the 2a here in md? Let's compare notes on that shall we?

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Marijuana themed posts always seem to generate long thread counts on MDS. Probably has a pretty high ban-hammer coefficient as well.

OP, sorry for your lesson at the school of hard-knocks regarding firearms laws and 2A rights both at Federal level and in the Peoples Republic of Marylandistan. First, nothing regarding it will ever make sense on any logical level. You need to accept that, or eventually you become another twitching, mumbling, demoralized sufferer of Maryland Battered Gun Owner Syndrome (MBGOS)

fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    Just so we're clear....you....the person that posted this....
    View attachment 292091

....you...you're the person wondering if I am helpful to the 2a fight in md? lolz. And ignorance? nahh. Ive got plenty of friends/family that responsibly use cannabis while leading great and successful lives. I've also personally found it helpful in the past for managing symptoms of UC, so I have direct knowledge of it as well. And speaking of "the 2a world", what exactly have you done to stand up for the 2a here in md? Let's compare notes on that shall we?

Your handle is “Smokey”.....nuff said

And what I’ve done for 2A rights.... I’ve never argued to include self proclaimed pot smokers...... lol....probs more than everyone here wanting gun toting potheads

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Again, I am not expert but a quick search on HIPAA says otherwise. Many protections and it is not limited to healthcare providers. Even the servers and storage of data is protected and must be handled in a specific way.

One site for nurses said the MM is conducted via a medical doctor and the treatment prescribed is just as HIPAA protected as anything. They did say if ya used a credit card that it is not possible to protect that transaction.

So I believe we are back to the MD MM registration - do they have some way to get around not protecting the medical information? IDK, I have never seen the forms and do not know what the fine print, or any print, says about the procedure.

As mentioned before in this thread, in Maryland, when getting an HQL or purchasing a handgun on a 77R, you specifically sign a medical history waiver that permits the state to look into this and other healthcare issues.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The OP stated that when pain becomes unbearable, she uses a medicine that's legal in the state, but illegal federally. I 100% support her in either
    a) building 80% firearms to exercise her INALIENABLE right to keep and bear arms while keeping her card
    b) Give up her card to buy guns through normal channels, but just obtain her medicine on the black market.

You should know that there are lots of different types of cannabis with different properties. They're very chemically complex. Some strains can be effective for mitigating the OPs symptoms without much mind altering.

You know what I find more annoying than someone discovering the infringements placed in between her and exercising her 2a rights? Someone actively pushing to support those infringements.

I owe you a shot my friend. I couldn't agree more.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Never banned but if you are typical, why would I care to be here?

Please tell me how a patient/doctor relationship is not a patient/doctor relationship when approving a treatment.

Do you mean the patient gives up that right as another smartass poster suggested?

This has nothing to do with a doctor/patient relationship. That’s that part you aren’t getting. It’s a State sponsored marijuana user registry under the guise of healthcare.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My ignorance??? You sir are a quack just like your quack medicine bottle. Bottle collector does not make you smart. I could list anything on a bottle and sell it before there were actual medications. And how did they determine quantities of anything??? That’s why the FDA had to be created.....to save people from crap like your bottle or legal cannabis......all a money grab. You all hate laws but you are the reason they made laws

And how did they get Cannabis into pill form....you’re ridiculous

18'ers......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hey genius! One of the forms you fill out and sign when you buy a handgun in MD gives MSP to.....hold on to your shorts here skippy....LOOK INTO YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS! You literally sign away your HIPAA right when buying a handgun in MD. I have no idea if the same form is in the HQL crap because I never bothered to get one, I was leaving so I was not giving them another $50 for a BS "license".

Easy Bolts....he's young and wet behind the ears, like all of us were at one time.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Please tell me how a patient/doctor relationship is not a patient/doctor relationship when approving a treatment.

The doctor, in this case, is sending the patient off to have a PATIENT-STATE-GOVERNMENT relationship. There is no doctor supervision of the patient's pot use, it's nothing at all like the normal prescribing (and renewing a prescription of) standard pharmaceuticals. The doctor, in the case of the MM card, is just a one-time gatekeeper established by the law as a feel-good medical-ish facade for what is, primarily, recreational pot use.

For that smaller group that actually need what those chemicals do, and can only benefit from them in a form that involves lighting up and smoking a joint, they are - once they get that card rubber stamped - self medicating thereafter. It's not remotely the same as the ongoing doctor/patient relationship that governs the dispensing of standard meds. All of which you know, but which you're pretending not to, because you like arguing. I guess that's your drug!

Blasting

Feb 12, 2020
    As mentioned before in this thread, in Maryland, when getting an HQL or purchasing a handgun on a 77R, you specifically sign a medical history waiver that permits the state to look into this and other healthcare issues.

Sorry I missed that. When I entered the thread I did, in very small text, admit I did not read this entire thread. This very long thread.

And thank you for the simple straight forward answer..I even suggested that might be the case but I did not know, and did not read it where it was mentioned earlier.

fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    It’s been my experience that folks that seem straight after smoking weed are people that smoke weed all the time. They have a tolerance and dependence just like can be developed with any schedule II drug. In fact I’ve witnessed folks that can’t be normal unless they’ve seriously hit a bong. These are people you may come in contact with when you least expect it.

Please everyone here understand that cannabis is no joke. It can f up your mind to no return. Seen it too many times. You may see it as a high school trial or a weekender deal but there are hardcore smokers out there. I’ve been playing devil’s advocate but based on my personal interactions with people that have to have a card.... that’s the card for them

Blasting

Feb 12, 2020
    The doctor, in this case, is sending the patient off to have a PATIENT-STATE-GOVERNMENT relationship. There is no doctor supervision of the patient's pot use, it's nothing at all like the normal prescribing (and renewing a prescription of) standard pharmaceuticals. The doctor, in the case of the MM card, is just a one-time gatekeeper established by the law as a feel-good medical-ish facade for what is, primarily, recreational pot use.

For that smaller group that actually need what those chemicals do, and can only benefit from them in a form that involves lighting up and smoking a joint, they are - once they get that card rubber stamped - self medicating thereafter. It's not remotely the same as the ongoing doctor/patient relationship that governs the dispensing of standard meds. All of which you know, but which you're pretending not to, because you like arguing. I guess that's your drug!

And now I am gonna have trouble with you. Please show me where I even suggested that pot was even a little bit okay!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just did not know why this was a different DR relationship and everybody had a shitfit.

Until your BS comment at the end of your post I was beginning to believe you were the only one not stoned but based on your totally wrong assumption about my use and my arguing, it seems I was wrong about you not being stoned too!

I was NOT the one making an argument here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom