• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    Hey guys
    Google recently released a map creation engine tool. I thought it could have some use to members here. A comprehensive map list of firearm related vendors and ranges(those with a physical presence) in the Metropolitan/Delmarva area. It is divided up into 3 sections IP, ranges/clubs, and firearm/ammo vendors.

It definitely does not encompass everything yet I believe it can be open sourced. Perhaps other members could assist in additions. Will keep you posted on changes

Unfortunately in order to collaborate this map with others I will need to add you via google contact/email or via a Google group. If you would like to contribute PM me and I can add you.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=znjCye6Bi8ac.kCh_vc3r5LVY
    I don't see UNcommon Arms Columbia

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    All ranges have been updated to include the list that I compiled here.
    I have also updated my base list with additional ranges and will post a new GOOGLE docs spreadsheet, as well as the file on poi-factory later tonight.

Donkey

Aug 10, 2011
    Sharpsburg
    This is my small town secert spot.He is a good guy to deal with and will transfer to your ffl since he is in va. He never ran out of ammo or any kinds of guns during the madness.

Purcell Store, Inc
    141 E Main St
    Purcellville, VA 20132

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    The only private firearms dealer with a storefront in Columbia, MD AFAIK:

Fox's Firearms
    9190 Red Branch Rd, Suite F
    Columbia, MD 21045

Talked to them at the Frederick Gun show. Seemed like good people.

Last edited:

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Yeah the map engine makes it searchable and more like an intuitive drag and drop map would be. I have made all the changes/additions everyone has posted.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Yeah the map engine makes it searchable and more like an intuitive drag and drop map would be. I have made all the changes/additions everyone has posted.

I wasn't able to open the map with my phone; I just opened it on the 'puter, you are right it is much better than the one Dave was hosting. I recommend this be the new default map for illustrating all things shooting in Maryland - GREAT JOB, and we all owe you our gratitude.

A few suggestions:
    - not all Walmarts carry ammo, even fewer sell guns. I only know about a couple of them, the one in Laurel doesn't sell guns nor ammo. The one near Arundel Mills mall sells ammo but no guns. I'd drop any that didn't sell at least ammo.

- You are missing the 'Gun Rack' and 'Worth-a-Shot'. Although neither are Industry Partners, they both are very legitimate gun shops. The GunRack has been around a very long time, the age of their shop is immediately apparent when you walk in; but they have a great selection of firearms, and some old misc gear that's always fun to peruse. Worth-a-Shot has only been around about 5 years, they specialize in training, have a very good selection of accessories, they really cater to female shooters; the husband/wife owners are about as easy going as can be. This shop is now in my top 3 in Maryland (along with 2A Sales&Supply, and Constitutional Firearms).

- If you have the option to divide the categories further, with different symbols, it would be even more useful. For example, maybe make all the BassPro shops a 'B', GanderMountain a 'G', and all the Walmarts that sell ammo a 'W'. And all the Isaac Walton League ranges an 'I'. Wish there was a way to separate Gun Ranges from Gun Clubs. There are a lot more clubs than ranges, and many have both a club and a range (i.e. Berwyn). And AGC deserves it's own symbol as it is the largest range and hosts numerous clubs in Maryland.

Just my 2cents. This is probably more work than it's worth; just giving you some feedback. Great job, seriously.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    The only private firearms dealer with a storefront in Columbia, MD AFAIK:

Fox's Firearms
    9190 Red Branch Rd, Suite F

Talked to them at the Frederick Gun show. Seemed like good people.

Columbia, MD 21045i just checked out their website. Prices seem fair. $40 transfer fee is a little steep, I hope they give MDS discount.

They do have a Black Weekend Sale. I will be there probably around 11 today! lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Last post did t go thru but this is the tip of the ice Berg for map changes coming (wake integration real time map data, wearable computer devices)

I can't divide up anymore then 3 times in the non paid subscription version subscription which is designed for enterprise companies) I have to i double check but you might be limited to 2000 daily log in users simultaneously or so is I expected. The map and tools are are going to get better with time I have been busy but there is a way to attach data to the map locations when the poi points loaded so I was thinking of trying make each Gunsmith 's ammo only shops and range distinctive datawise. So like if guns sold box = false
    Then print marker green) for ammo salesman.
    That was just me thinking a loud but i am working on it cause I was not happy finding out the limit after planning everything and last second design wise. There's always a way.

I don't know the firearm dealers around very well which is a big reason I came to mds. Lack of hours, contacts, online presence , no phonebook listing.

With that said I'm not sure which stores have just ammo vs ads accsdoriates

Sorry for typing sutocorrect taking

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom