Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)

Notices

Old May 9th, 2020, 10:39 PM   #1
martman

Prorated badge prices?

I was looking into finally joining the AGC after slacking for so long. Is the range badge price prorated if you pay in person?

I know what the website says, just kind of surprised and hoping there’s more to it.
Quote:
An individual range badge gives full use of the AGC Range from the date of purchase until its expiration on December 31st of each year
Old May 9th, 2020, 10:59 PM   #2
rseymorejr

If you are a new member and buy your range badge after June 1 it should be half price (first year only)

Member-Mount Washington Rod & Gun Club
Member- Maryland Shall Issue
ROLL TIDE!!
Old May 10th, 2020, 06:26 PM   #3
MEGARMS
KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseymorejr View Post
If you are a new member and buy your range badge after June 1 it should be half price (first year only)
After June 30th.
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:11 PM   #4
martman

Lame, I see the love hate already. Thanks
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:19 PM   #5
rseymorejr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
After June 30th.
Ah, you're right. Don't know why I said June 1 instead of July 1??

Member-Mount Washington Rod & Gun Club
Member- Maryland Shall Issue
ROLL TIDE!!
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:31 PM   #6
MEGARMS
KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by martman View Post
Lame, I see the love hate already. Thanks
I’m sorry, but why is this lame?

I am going to propose that the AGC offer a monthly membership option. It will be $30 per month with a $30 registration fee. You can cancel and repay the $30 registration fee as often as you like. You will also be given the option of paying a discounted annual fee of $200 at any point during the year.

Would this be less lame?

The only problem I see with a month to month option is that everyone would have to sign in every time they arrive at the range. This would be a major pain in the ass for those who just STFU and pay the low annual fee of $200 without complaining about it. It would also suck for those who volunteer 40 hours of time per year and get a free badge. One thing is for sure though, it would stop all of the whining about prorating the badge fees at the AGC.
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:44 PM   #7
martman

Month to month would be less lame, I’m just used to keeping things nice and simple. Pay for a year, get a year.
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:49 PM   #8
MEGARMS
KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by martman View Post
Month to month would be less lame, I’m just used to keeping things nice and simple. Pay for a year, get a year.
Things are that simple. Pay for your range badge in January and you get 13 months.

Would you be willing to pay $30 per month and a $30 registration fee? You can’t have it both ways. If you did, then many people would wait until June and only pay until the weather gets cold. The range has expenses all year round, not just when you want to pay and use it. A month to month set up would require you to lose the discount offered by paying up front for the entire year.
Old May 10th, 2020, 09:21 PM   #9
Art3
Eqinsu Ocha

Good grief. It's no secret that my love affair with AGC has hit some bumps in the road recently...but this is certainly not something I would complain about. Heck, the money I've saved in ammo (and gas) by not shooting there for two months surely would have covered two months worth of badge fee.

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"

I would like to change my gender identity to "Well Regulated Militia."
Old May 10th, 2020, 09:33 PM   #10
Pmbspyder
Platinum Member

Kind of tired of all the smarmy responses that get thrown around by AGC employees/reps/homers when members have gripes.

During this pandemic, tons of hard working individuals have lost jobs, income, dealt with health issues etc. When confronted about maybe being flexible on some of the range badge policies, we got a “why would we do that, it’s only been a month and a half of lost shooting?!”

Gee, I don’t know, how about not being tone deaf and so presumptuous that that money is insignificant to your membership? Leadership and *most* trustees seem to try really hard to alienate any member who doesn’t agree with the status quo.

Would love to see those in power at the AGC adjust the attitude and start being a bit more empathetic and considerate of membership.

Yeah, yeah, I know, run for AGC president or become a trustee and then I can REALLY change the place. Totally would have worked with the guest fee policy with all the backroom dealing faux-Annapolis bullsh!t we all heard went down. Also would have changed the “plinking range” that’s now only used for 3 gun and matches. *eyeroll*

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)