• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I’m going to make a short list for invites. COVID is still among us so we will skip the hand shake hellos and stuff.

The crops in the field will be too tall soon but until they are I’m going to allow people to come out.

Ranges will be 5-100 or 200, 250, and 500 yards.

After a few recommendations to use cash-app... I’ll try it. The idea is, donate what you feel is appropriate for range access. I’m not looking to make money, just to cover my gas cost to go supervise and lunch kinda deal. So it doesn’t cost me money to watch you shoot. Extra will go towards replacing damaged targets.

I recommend shotgun clays. They are easy to setup and easy to dispose of when done.

https://cash.app/$SvenDavison PM me (ASAP).

Edited:
    TIME: daylight hours. (night time hours for people previously qualified on prior visits)

DAY: Weekends are best, morning or afternoon weekday is possible but comes with restrictions as I’m “on call” and might have to leave within minutes of being notified. This means you would also need to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I’m going to make a short list for invites. COVID is still among us so we will skip the hand shake hellos and stuff.

The crops in the field will be too tall soon but until they are I’m going to allow people to come out.

Ranges will be 5-100 or 200, 250, and 500 yards.

After a few recommendations to use cash-app... I’ll try it. The idea is, donate what you feel is appropriate for range access. I’m not looking to make money, just to cover my gas cost to go supervise and lunch kinda deal. So it doesn’t cost me money to watch you shoot. Extra will go towards replacing damaged targets.

I recommend shotgun clays. They are easy to setup and easy to dispose of when done.

https://cash.app/$SvenDavison PM me (ASAP).

Edited:
    TIME: daylight hours. (night time hours for people previously qualified on prior visits)

DAY: Weekends are best, morning or afternoon weekday is possible but comes with restrictions as I’m “on call” and might have to leave within minutes of being notified. This means you would also need to leave.

I'd be interested in coming next week

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I offered this in the beginning of the year, for free. There was an 80% no show rate.

No names but a couple people gave brass which is great for reloader a like me. Someone donated $25 AND brass. Donations got too real for the rest of the guests or potential guests.

I’ll reach out to the ones I’m going to invite and work out a time with them.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I've been indexed/muzzle swept enough times at my farm that i only allow one "new to me" shooter at a time. I even almost got my foot shot w/ a lever gun once because his thumb slipped off the hammer on a loaded gun. Most accidents at the farm were because of someone gabbing away behind the line of fire and guns get picked up to talk about them. I turn around to check on things and i see a gun pointed at me, time and time again. I've updated this to make it so that others can come up but we put ALL OTHER GUNS in front of the line of fire (to the side) this way no one can handle a gun "quickly" and have an "accident".

A couple of people, who shall remain nameless on this post for their protection, asked if they could bring 3-4 friends. I shared the 1 person rule and they said it's also for their protection. Put that in my shoes "can i make this a 4-5 on 1 gun fight with you"... no.. no you may not.

I'm shocked and appalled by the results asking for donations yielded. So many people said it was a good/nice thing and in the forum posts said i should ask for donations. I asked for donations and got hundreds of hate mail for doing so.

When you put these three things together, I've decided I've done enough for the community and it's not worth the headache this is causing. It took, 10 guests... 4 months to ruin it for everyone else.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I've been indexed/muzzle swept enough times at my farm that i only allow one "new to me" shooter at a time. I even almost got my foot shot w/ a lever gun once because his thumb slipped off the hammer on a loaded gun. Most accidents at the farm were because of someone gabbing away behind the line of fire and guns get picked up to talk about them. I turn around to check on things and i see a gun pointed at me, time and time again. I've updated this to make it so that others can come up but we put ALL OTHER GUNS in front of the line of fire (to the side) this way no one can handle a gun "quickly" and have an "accident".

A couple of people, who shall remain nameless on this post for their protection, asked if they could bring 3-4 friends. I shared the 1 person rule and they said it's also for their protection. Put that in my shoes "can i make this a 4-5 on 1 gun fight with you"... no.. no you may not.

I'm shocked and appalled by the results asking for donations yielded. So many people said it was a good/nice thing and in the forum posts said i should ask for donations. I asked for donations and got hundreds of hate mail for doing so.

When you put these three things together, I've decided I've done enough for the community and it's not worth the headache this is causing. It took, 10 guests... 4 months to ruin it for everyone else.

Damn man. I'm sorry to hear that. :tdown:

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Damn man. I'm sorry to hear that. :tdown:

I'm also sorry to hear that and wish I could say I'm shocked but I can't.

Gun safety is #1 priority, however some are just ignorant to it, get to comfortable and let things slip or simply don't care. Heck I shoot fclass with lots of REALLY good shooters, and I've seen chamber flags not being used etc. Chamber flags are great safety tools, at least if you are "swept" at least YOU know there isn't a round in the chamber.

There aren't many ranges that go past 100 yards locally, and very few that go past 300 yards. Sorry to see things didnt' work out, but at least you tried.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County

I'm sorry you had headaches, swept and got bad emails for asking for donations.

I can't come myself (I'd be a new to you shooter) anyway. I travel most of the summer and have a couple of young kids I'm always tending to. The offer you put out is most generous. If I were to ever go, I'd have no problem dropping 100.00 as a big thank you for the generous offer if I were to ever attend. Around here most don't have the opportunity to shoot out at 500 yards and the fact that you volunteer your time so that others can have that shoot is pretty cool and should be compensated.

Cool offer to folks. Sorry you got bad emails. People should be volunteering to cut some money for cost for what you are offering. Thanks for giving that opportunity to shooters.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC

That is unfortunate, but understandable decision on your part.:sad20:

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

Don't blame you one bit. My home range goes like this- My place, My rules, you don't like my rules, take a hike, I don't like most people anyway. Very rarely when buddies come over to shoot have I had any problem. If I see something I don't like I speak up loud and clearly. When the guns are cleared and put away and the alcohol comes out we can be clowns again.

Sven,
    I can't blame you at all. Of course all good things get ruined by a bunch of a-holes.
    Now I'm really regretting bailing on you last week. The good news is my wife got to NJ in time to see her aunt before she passed that day.
    Some day, some time, the Creedmoor vs. .22-250 dueling tree war will take place.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Sven,
    I can't blame you at all. Of course all good things get ruined by a bunch of a-holes.
    Now I'm really regretting bailing on you last week. The good news is my wife got to NJ in time to see her aunt before she passed that day.
    Some day, some time, the Creedmoor vs. .22-250 dueling tree war will take place.

sorry to hear about your aunt but i'm glad your wife made it. I will not soon forget the fun of the dueling tree. that.. was a hoot.

the place i bought it from had patent issues and cant sell anymore and its mostly in shambles. i'm going to take it to a local metal worker maybe they can repair it.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County

That's really unfortunate. I would have gladly donated and tried to get to know you, I don't know anyone else from the forums in Westminster besides skranz. Can't believe the audacity of some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom