• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    A good friend called a little bit ago. He lives north of Baltimore. He will be heading to SOMD Monday to visit his family's property. They have 20 acres + and it is very secluded no buildings. He is getting ready for some hunting this year. It has become a necessity for him and his family.

He told me he and his wife both lost their jobs and unemployment goes so far. They have been barely getting by and things are rough. He has had to sell his tools, all but 2 of his guns and had a very extensive collection. He has been doing some odd jobs which has helped. It looks like his company will be filing for bankruptcy.

I asked if he needed some help and being a proud person he said NO!. He did tell me he had some left over 30/30 and 50 Cal S&W ammo. I told bring it down and I will buy it from him. That was OK as it was not a hand out. He kept his Mossberg 12 gauge with deer and game barrels and his Henry 44 long.

We will be doing some plinking tomorrow.

It sucks that thinks are the way they are we need to get this country back to work.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome aboard Coastie. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Sucks about your friend. Feel free to pm me if another Coastie can help.

I think your thread title won’t get much traffic.

The conditions you mention are very real. I suspect we will see more and more as we approach the winter.

Our politicians are playing recklessly with peoples lives.

Semper Paratus bro

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Didn’t they both take advantage of the extra $600/wk each from the feds? Saw where Marylinistan just approved an extension to unemployment weeks. Good luck to your friend and happy hunting!

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    They were both contractors self employed so they were screwed from the get go. They even tried to get money from the Feds but they were told it was all gone. Harvard took over 40 million from the Feds and they have the largest endowment of any college in the world. The real kicker they would not give the money back while other colleges gave it back. Our entire system in dealing with this Red Death has more holes that a window screen. The good thing is I was able to call in some favors at an OGA and he has an interview next week.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They were both contractors self employed so they were screwed from the get go. They even tried to get money from the Feds but they were told it was all gone. Harvard took over 40 million from the Feds and they have the largest endowment of any college in the world. The real kicker they would not give the money back while other colleges gave it back. Our entire system in dealing with this Red Death has more holes that a window screen. The good thing is I was able to call in some favors at an OGA and he has an interview next week.

That really sucks. I feel for them strongly. Biggest reason I am glad my wife finally got pushed over to a W-2 employee from a 1099 employee (I say that because she was an employee even if her employer was trying to consider her a contractor).

Too many companies try to do an end run around their responsibilities by paying people as 1099 contractors, but operate/treat them as employees then.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Sone times it is better to be lucky than good. I retired on 3/27/20 then all hell broke loose. We were pretty well off we own everything no mortgage of any other loans. I have 3 retirements and my wife he one coming in. I donated my stimulus check to a local food bank. I did not know at the time my buddy was hurting other wise I would have gave to him if he would accept it.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Sone times it is better to be lucky than good. I retired on 3/27/20 then all hell broke loose. We were pretty well off we own everything no mortgage of any other loans. I have 3 retirements and my wife he one coming in. I donated my stimulus check to a local food bank. I did not know at the time my buddy was hurting other wise I would have gave to him if he would accept it.

Consider taking up a collection here and then the money is not yours and he might have to take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom