• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    1. You have more guns and ammo than a dealer
    2. You live in the country off the grid
    3. you have a shelter with water, CPS system, Power both wind, solar and generator.
    4. You have 10 years of MREs
    5. You have no neighbors for 5 miles
    6. You believe in the Zombie apocopes
    7. You have your own communication systems , HAM, Short wave, CB and you know Morse code.
    8. You have very little money in the bank and all your cash is in gold
    9. You have hidden camera all around your property
    10. Your property is posted deadly force will be used
    11. You reload all your ammo
    12. All your tools do not require power
    13. You have enough gas storage for a year
    14. You have chain saws, log splitter and can heat/cook by wood.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I don't believe #5. One of the best articles on preparedness I read was written back in the 70s or 80s and made the case that the best way to prepare was to join a community of like minded people (or convert the community to your way of thinking) that could support each other in a crisis. That non-GMO seed bank is going to do you no good when you plant it and can't watch it 24X7.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I don't believe #5. One of the best articles on preparedness I read was written back in the 70s or 80s and made the case that the best way to prepare was to join a community of like minded people (or convert the community to your way of thinking) that could support each other in a crisis. That non-GMO seed bank is going to do you no good when you plant it and can't watch it 24X7.

Yup
    I want some young bucks to do the heavy lifting. I’ll cook for them and tell them stories.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County

I don't believe #5 mainly because you are not going to be anywhere in Maryland that is 5 miles from another property.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    1. You have more guns and ammo than a dealer
    2. You live in the country off the grid
    3. you have a shelter with water, CPS system, Power both wind, solar and generator.
    4. You have 10 years of MREs
    5. You have no neighbors for 5 miles
    6. You believe in the Zombie apocopes
    7. You have your own communication systems , HAM, Short wave, CB and you know Morse code.
    8. You have very little money in the bank and all your cash is in gold
    9. You have hidden camera all around your property
    10. Your property is posted deadly force will be used
    11. You reload all your ammo
    12. All your tools do not require power
    13. You have enough gas storage for a year
    14. You have chain saws, log splitter and can heat/cook by wood.

In fairness, #1 doesn't mean as much these days as it used to :sad20:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Is that a prepper for TEOTWAWKI or a prepper for the more common possibility of natural disasters like Superstorm Sandy, tornado, hurricanes, flood or grid down?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Is that a prepper for TEOTWAWKI or a prepper for the more common possibility of natural disasters like Superstorm Sandy, tornado, hurricanes, flood or grid down?

True preppers are all on a journey to the ultimate prep, Prepared Forever! The journey is measured in time prepared for 3 days, prepared for a week, prepared for a month, prepared for a year, prepared for five years, prepared for.......

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    11) You're so concerned about dipping into your supply of apostrophes that you avoid using them even when you're writing the subject line for your post.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Sounds like Mel Tappan.

But I think it's the right approach, too. If you don't plan on interacting with neighbors after SHTF, you may be more hermit than prepper.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sounds like Mel Tappan.

But I think it's the right approach, too. If you don't plan on interacting with neighbors after SHTF, you may be more hermit than prepper.

****I have a bunch of Mel Tappan‘s books on microfiche and much of what he wrote very much still applies today. He clearly put a lot of thought into prepping as well as options during a shtf situation, be it a few days up to and including a civilization changing event where modern society and civilization basically collapses.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    ****I have a bunch of Mel Tappan‘s books on microfiche and much of what he wrote very much still applies today. He clearly put a lot of thought into prepping as well as options during a shtf situation, be it a few days up to and including a civilization changing event where modern society and civilization basically collapses.
    Can you recommend any particularly good titles to look for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom