• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ifmanis5

Jan 23, 2021
    It's been awhile since anyone on here talked what we can do under Maryland law!

Had a nice chat with my friend over at MSP and it seems like there isn't any updated, MD-specific legal guidance on if/how one can BUILD an AK (7.62x39mm). Here are my notes from that chat:

1) It is illegal to build an AK-47 rifle (7.62x39mm) as these are now roundly banned by state law. Duh.

2) AK-47 pistol are still GTG. Duh.

3) There is some ambiguity about what the definition of an AK-47 pistol is, and my MSP bud speculated there's some kind of length issue around 16".

This last point would mean an AK-47 kit with a 16" inch barrel could not be built as a legal pistol.

Am I right, am I wrong? What am I missing? Someone school me.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Covid showed just how stupid our politicians are. No wonder they are "public servants" because they could never hold down a real job.
    So true in so many ways. While I cannot to into specifics of a very specific example I know of it is frightening how ill informed, unreasoning, and incompetent so many politicians are. And the characteristic that gets me the most...in many ways...gutless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom