• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I bought a very realistic looking and weighing AR-15 airsoft rifle. I bought a decent quality one and have been using it now for a couple of months shooting on a 35-yard range in my backyard. I've been compensating for the shortness of the space by using scaled down targets. I got to say after I got the Red Dot dialed in it's pretty damn accurate and actually hits hard enough to put significant dents in a piece of pine board. I figured it would cost a heck of a lot less to practice and keep my muscle memory up then going to the range and shooting through a couple of hundred dollars worth of 556 or 762 by 51.

It doesn't hurt that it has a full auto mode which is a lot of fun.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I bought one too a couple weeks ago. My brother in law plays with his friends and i wanted to try it. Haven't gotten to yet but i think its gonna be fun.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    about 5 years ago when the boys had air soft wars, we had a back yard plinking range. House backed up to woods.
    Take one of those yard political signs and pull the coroplast off. I made round targets with coroplast and gorilla tape on the front, then took a piece of spare aluminum flashing and looped it around the vertical run of wire to allow it to pivot when hit. small enough circle so that when you hit it, it moved. Kids could tell when they hit it or not instead of having to run paper targets.
    One of them did paperclip a paper plate to the side, I don't recall if it would put holes in it or not.

Have fun!

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I used to do alot of airsoft in my college days and even worked as a airsoft tech as a side gig. Hit me up if you ever run complications on it. I still got a ton of spare parts in the attic.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    about 5 years ago when the boys had air soft wars, we had a back yard plinking range. House backed up to woods.
    Take one of those yard political signs and pull the coroplast off. I made round targets with coroplast and gorilla tape on the front, then took a piece of spare aluminum flashing and looped it around the vertical run of wire to allow it to pivot when hit. small enough circle so that when you hit it, it moved. Kids could tell when they hit it or not instead of having to run paper targets.
    One of them did paperclip a paper plate to the side, I don't recall if it would put holes in it or not.

Have fun!

I was shooting mine at a pretty sturdy costco pizza box. I expected them to collect inside but it went right through both sides of the box and dented the harder cardboard shipping box that the pizza box was leaned right up against. Pretty powerful. Could definitely take an eye out. I got nice goggles and a wire mesh face shield for the skirmishes. I have heard of teeth getting broken before and i dont want that.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    I got nice goggles and a wire mesh face shield for the skirmishes. I have heard of teeth getting broken before and i dont want that.

Good call... I can personally vouch for that being a true statement unfortunately.

Airsoft is a blast though, and with the right ones, it's a great way to practice rifle and pistol skills, and in the right environment, tactical team training as well. Also good for testing gear setups.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    What brand/model of AR 15 did you get? Electric?

Yes, electric. The one i bought is a G&G CM16. A package with a battery and charger was on sale for 160 while the gun only was 177. Also picked up some extra mags and ammo. Got it from evike. This one is a reinforced polymer body, not metal like some but it seems pretty nice, and sturdy.

Its now back up to $218 for the package i got for 160.
    https://www.evike.com/products/33557/

shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    I have a Gas Blow Back 1911 and an electric MP5....I have never played airsoft...I bought both to stay fresh with handling and moving and shooting...I use a catch box with a blanket in the rear to reuse the ammo if I'm inside...outside, they make biodegradable ammo too...lots of fun and good for training.

Sent from my Armor 8 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom