• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Then let us assume for a moment I was speaking of a select fire SBR.

Would that not be just as ambiguous as an SBR, as SBRs were never mentioned directly?

No. You do not need to specifically mention SBRs because they are a subset of rifles in general. What makes a select fire ambiguous is how to apply the semiautomatic requirement. Does it refers to a firearm that is only semiautomatic or does it refer to any firearm capable of operating semiautomatically? A select fire arm is not limited to be semiautomatic, but it is capable of firing semiautomatically. I can read the requirement either way, which is why that specific example seems ambiguous to me.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    I feel dense, but I still do not understand the nuances of what SBRing a weapon now allows, and doesn’t allow. I know that the weapon needs to be over 29”, but does it need to meet any other metrics?

Two different cases I’m personally interested in are...

- Standard rifle is Form 1ed, and measures over 29”. Can it now be run with a folding stock, grenade launcher, and/ or a flash hider (or suppressor)?

- Could a Sig Virtus “Pistol” be Form 1ed, if over 29” and run as a (short barreled) rifle?.. even though the rifle variant of the Sig Virtus is outright outlawed?

Finally, since were asking about odd idiosyncrasies, I’ve seen people say that suppressors count as a flash hider, since to some degree they do hide flash, but I’ve seen others say that flash suppressor is do not count as a flash hider. Whet is the actual verbiage on suppressors, relevant to counting as a flash hider?

I have nine stamps, but have held off on picking up more rifle hosts, for fear of running afoul of the post sb281 rules. Really appreciate the info!

The reason the SIG MCX is prohibited is because it is considered a "copycat weapon" which means it has at least two of the three evil features (1. folding stock; 2. a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or 3. a flash suppressor).

Any semiautomatic centerfire SBR you create cannot have two or more evil features. It should be noted that the evil feature requirement only applies to semiautomatic centerfire rifles. As with the OAL length requirement, rimfire and non-semiautomatic rifles can have more than one evil feature.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Flip it around . Any firearm that is capable of ever firing ( more than one round per ) is unambiguously Full Auto .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom