• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I am trying to get my C&R License, do I need to only fill out "Application for FFL" (12 pages) or do I fill out Part B - Responsible Person Questionnaire or both? Everything I have read so far on line keeps just taking me to the long list of ATF forms.

Yes, you fill out part B. The only questions you skip are 13-17 where indicated on Page 2 of Part A.

You're looking at an 01FFL application I think. You need an 03FFL app

Things have changed big time. It's all one application now. Part B is the Responsible Party Certification that we started having to file about 6 or 7 years ago. Now it requires a passport-style photo as well. It's one of the reasons that I haven't let my license lapse. They're throwing more hoops at us now.

That is the correct form.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Yes, you fill out part B. The only questions you skip are 13-17 where indicated on Page 2 of Part A.

Things have changed big time. It's all one application now. Part B is the Responsible Party Certification that we started having to file about 6 or 7 years ago. Now it requires a passport-style photo as well. It's one of the reasons that I haven't let my license lapse. They're throwing more hoops at us now.

What the hell, I missed all of that. Guess I better keep it current and never lapse. Was going to so I could clean out my book too

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV

On page 4 of the form where the photo is it says "If you are applying for a Type 03 FFL ONLY a photograph is not required"

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Funny enough, my renewed FFL came in the mail today.

BTW, it took 2 months and 4 days for the renewal this time. Seems they're getting backed up at the FFLC in Martinsburg. That's longer than my original 03 application took. It was getting so close to the expiration date of my old one that I called a few days ago just to make sure I hadn't done anything stupid like forget to sign somewhere. The guy who answered looked it up and said I was approved on April 13th. That's a long-ass time considering I sent it out on February 10th, the same day the renewal forms hit my mailbox.

Jul 1, 2012
    I sent mine in the 1st week of Feb and got it back in 3 weeks. Just luck of the draw I guess. I did send mine Priority mail with tracking.
    If you sent it to WV that might be part of the problem since the new address is in Oregon :)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Delays are not unusual, even without a pandemic. A half-dozen years ago I sent in my renewal, heard nothing; called them around the time the license would expire. They sent me a "Letter of Authorisation" stating that they had't finished reviewing my application, but I could use the letter until I got the renewal, ND if I hadn't rec'd the renewal in 6 months, they'd send me another letter.

I got the fresh license a couple months later.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I sent mine in the 1st week of Feb and got it back in 3 weeks. Just luck of the draw I guess. I did send mine Priority mail with tracking.
    If you sent it to WV that might be part of the problem since the new address is in Oregon :)

Sent it wherever the pre-addressed envelope sent it. Oregon is a clearinghouse for the FFL just like GA used to be. The mail eventually goes to the Needy Rd. office in Martinsburg.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    As of Feb 11, 2022, here is the CLEO info for Montgomery County and the State of Maryland, for those of you doing C&R License Renewals. I just use the State Police for my renewals (as well as ATF Form 1 submissions); I don't think you are compelled to use the local CLEO but I have provided if you wish to do so.

[EDIT] For C&R license requirements, typically you use the county police or county sheriff (or Rockville Police if you live in Rockville), but members here also used the State police as a CLEO for ATF Form 1 submissions, and the ATF definition for CLEO is the same in either case.

Marcus G. Jones, Chief of Police
    Montgomery Country Police,
    100 Edison Park Drive,
    Gaithersburg, MD 20878

Sheriff Darren M. Popkin
    Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
    Room T400, 50 Maryland Avenue
    Rockville, MD 20850

Col Woodrow W. Jones III, Superintendent
    Maryland State Police
    1201 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208-3899

Last edited:

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    As of Feb 11, 2022, here is the CLEO info for Montgomery County and the State of Maryland, for those of you doing C&R License Renewals. I just use the State Police for my renewals (as well as ATF Form 1 submissions); I don't think you are compelled to use the local CLEO but I have provided if you wish to do so.

Marcus G. Jones, Chief of Police
    Montgomery Country Police,
    100 Edison Park Drive,
    Gaithersburg, MD 20878

Sheriff Darren M. Popkin
    Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
    Room T400, 50 Maryland Avenue
    Rockville, MD 20850

Col Woodrow W. Jones III, Superintendent
    Maryland State Police
    1201 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208-3899

"Here's the CLEO info for Montgomery County but I don't believe that the CLEO of Montgomery County is the true CLEO."

Thanks.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'll tell you what - the above mentioned are CLEO's for Montgomery County Sherriff, County Police, and Maryland State Police. Pick the one you like. I was just posting this so you don't have to look it up.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    for baltimore county , would it be the county police or sheriffs department ? thanks , dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom