• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Nice and compact with a good light albeit not as focused as the TLR-1s sitting on the Sig220.

The on-off toggles are nice and intuitive but the switch from laser only<>laser/light<>light only is a bit stiff but something that I can get used to.

Laser is bright and easily visible with the light on.

The only con I have right now is that after about one minute, the light dims significantly and very noticeably. A graphic in the user pamphlet shows something that drops from 100% to 17% in one minute and then down to 10% after 37 minutes. There is no verbiage accompanying the graphic so I don't know exactly what it is representing. Maybe battery discharge but it comes to full charge in a matter of minutes and the low battery indicator does not show so...I dunno.

I think it is going to find a home on the Sig for some range time and then I'll make a final decision. But as stated already, the light output drop off is not something I am a fan of.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Nice and compact with a good light albeit not as focused as the TLR-1s sitting on the Sig220.

The on-off toggles are nice and intuitive but the switch from laser only<>laser/light<>light only is a bit stiff but something that I can get used to.

Laser is bright and easily visible with the light on.

The only con I have right now is that after about one minute, the light dims significantly and very noticeably. A graphic in the user pamphlet shows something that drops from 100% to 17% in one minute and then down to 10% after 37 minutes. There is no verbiage accompanying the graphic so I don't know exactly what it is representing. Maybe battery discharge but it comes to full charge in a matter of minutes and the low battery indicator does not show so...I dunno.

I think it is going to find a home on the Sig for some range time and then I'll make a final decision. But as stated already, the light output drop off is not something I am a fan of.

The main issue is heat, full power on the lights makes them hot pretty quick, so most all of them step down after a minute or so. melted lenses and burned hands happened somewhat frequently with some of the earlier high discharge Lipo powered lights.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Yeah I did notice the heat but neglected/forgot to post that. I really want to like it as it checks a lot of my boxes. That step down thing though, and now that I'm typing, now I need to have yet another type of charging cable at the ready.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I like it. Small, bright, easy on and off and reasonable price.

The real test will be how it holds up over time with lots of rounds through the pistol.

I bought two lights, including the RL Mini, and Olight sent me four more small flashlights in the box. Thanks Olight!

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Update to initial impressions:

If I leave the light on till it dims, turn it off and back on, the light intensity increases dramatically. All I have to do is turn it off for a couple of seconds. I have no idea why this happens so I'll ask, anybody know? Wish I had a light meter to measure the actual changes in output.

Now my only real remaining gripe is that I have to remember to take the charging cable along should I go somewhere with said light and its adornment.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Update to initial impressions:

If I leave the light on till it dims, turn it off and back on, the light intensity increases dramatically. All I have to do is turn it off for a couple of seconds. I have no idea why this happens so I'll ask, anybody know? Wish I had a light meter to measure the actual changes in output.

Now my only real remaining gripe is that I have to remember to take the charging cable along should I go somewhere with said light and its adornment.

I believe alucard said it right. Very bright leds generate heat. Larger flashlights have heat sinks, usually built into the head of the light. With a small weapon mounted light there's nowhere for the heat to go, at least not quickly enough to avoid damage, so they build in the step down to reduce power consumption and therefore heat generation and protect the light.

I have some very bright full size lights that do the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom