CCI Suppressor - 970 fps
    CCI Clean 22 Suppressor - 1000 fps
    CCI Subsonic - 1050 fps
    CCI SV - 1070 fps

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The CCI suppressor works well. That said, I didn't find much of a difference in sound between that and SV. I guess it would depend on the barrel length and can.

Quiets will seldom cycle in a semi-auto 22 of any type as the ammo has a rated velocity of 720 FPS. You can modify a semi 22 to fire it but you need a much weaker spring set. Works nice in a revolver or lever action/bolt-action rifle

Standard velocity = 40gr@1070fps $.08
    Sub-sonic = 40gr@1050FPS $.12
    Clean suppressor = 45gr@1000fps $.17
    Suppressor = 45gr@970FPS $.16
    Quiet SA = 45gr@835fps $.12
    Quiet = 40gr@710fps $.10

Have used all but the new quiet SA in my 22s. My Mask and Oculus hosts are rifle and braced pistol AR-22s and 10/22s, and Walther P22, 22/45 lite handguns. So far SVs are the easiest to find, cheapest and what I usually opt for. They are decently quiet out of everything but on some days can barely hit supersonic from a 16" AR22.

Subsonics shoot about the same, just usually found in 100rd plastic boxes vs 50rd cardboard for the SVs, and a little more money, but shoot and sound the same.

Clean suppressor are the caddilac, they are poly coated in a plastic box, a little quieter than the SV/subs, but the few I tried were indeed clean and really accurate, but double the price of SVs

Suppressor, similar to the clean, but no poly coated and they are HP bullets, sound the same.

Quiet22, BB gun quiet from a rifle WITHOUT a suppressor, (still loud in a pistol) pretty much silent with a can. but these will not cycle any of my semis, and they hit far enough off of the POA from everything else that you need to sight in for them.

Quiet 22 SAs are the only one I haven't tried, velocity is between Quiet and suppressor, and I would assume they sound somewhere in between. Not sure if they would cycle, as a couple picky 22s occasionally short stroke when dirty with standard velocity, but run till dirt flies out of the action on high velocity minimags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom