Just realized that after 11 years as a registered user, I have never done an introduc

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M1842

Jul 27, 2009
    Hi,

I joined MDS back in 2009 and have a post count of 75. I forgot all about doing an intro. I do post occasionally but mostly I check every day and read new posts.

I got into shooting late, I grew up in a non-firearms home. i was always interested, so in 2003 at the age of 46 I bought a .22 rifle, a box of 22LR cartridges and headed up to Cresap to shoot. And fell in love with the experience. I loved the smell of burned gun powder, the sounds of the other guns, and the process of working the bolt action.

I shot regularly at Cresap from 2003 to about 2012, by then the range had become more well known and I had to wait for an hour ahead of opening to get a firing point. Then more yahoos were showing up and I didn't feel as safe and comfortable. Moved to Charles Town, WV and now shoot at 340 Defender.

I started Civil War skirmishing with the North-South Skirmish association in 2004 and learned all about shooting black powder and love it as well. I got into pre-1899 military firearms from this.

Learned to reload for some of the calibers I shoot, 9mm Mak, Swede Mauser, 303 Brit, and 577-450 Martini Henry.

I don't do any other competitive shooting but enjoy rotating guns from the safe for punching holes in paper and talking to people at the range about their guns and mine. Got to shoot a .50 Barrett that way.

I will try to post more and see ya'll on the forums.

Mark

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hi,

I joined MDS back in 2009 and have a post count of 75. I forgot all about doing an intro. I do post occasionally but mostly I check every day and read new posts.

I got into shooting late, I grew up in a non-firearms home. i was always interested, so in 2003 at the age of 46 I bought a .22 rifle, a box of 22LR cartridges and headed up to Cresap to shoot. And fell in love with the experience. I loved the smell of burned gun powder, the sounds of the other guns, and the process of working the bolt action.

I shot regularly at Cresap from 2003 to about 2012, by then the range had become more well known and I had to wait for an hour ahead of opening to get a firing point. Then more yahoos were showing up and I didn't feel as safe and comfortable. Moved to Charles Town, WV and now shoot at 340 Defender.

I started Civil War skirmishing with the North-South Skirmish association in 2004 and learned all about shooting black powder and love it as well. I got into pre-1899 military firearms from this.

Learned to reload for some of the calibers I shoot, 9mm Mak, Swede Mauser, 303 Brit, and 577-450 Martini Henry.

I don't do any other competitive shooting but enjoy rotating guns from the safe for punching holes in paper and talking to people at the range about their guns and mine. Got to shoot a .50 Barrett that way.

I will try to post more and see ya'll on the forums.

Mark

Me neither. Can I use yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom