• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Will any of you be attending the military arms auction? I have a few items for sale in the auction and it doesn’t look like there is a live stream of the auction for me to keep track of the sales.
    If any one is attending would you be willing to let me know what an item number sells for?

Thank you

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I've got about 12 things this weekend (this afternoon they go up) and had 63 guns plus smalls in an auction a few weeks ago. I got to go up for it and sold prices were pretty crazy on guns and especially ammo. I won't be there this weekend but hope you do well on your items as well .

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    An update would be nice. I was going to go, but dog is in hospital. I had a pretty large target list but if someone could keep an eye on what the French MAS Rifles, 03A3 Smith Corona, and Israeli Mausers go for today that would be great.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    We actually put up a MAS 49/56 and a 1936 in this auction. I've only seen GunBroker sold prices but I don't think this auction will bring close to those prices.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    This was one of my favorite auctions EVER. Now I doubt I could afford a hot dog there if concessions kept pace of guns and ammo.

Every now and again they would let you do online personal property bidding at someones house, I really got some steals there.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    When do they notify you of the sale price?
    I put one rifle, Some Ammo, and my 2x scale cutaway browning 1918 in the auction. I am really interested to know what the 1918 sold for.
    To bad they don’t live stream the auctions.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    When do they notify you of the sale price?
    I put one rifle, Some Ammo, and my 2x scale cutaway browning 1918 in the auction. I am really interested to know what the 1918 sold for.
    To bad they don’t live stream the auctions.
    They will send you a list of all sold prices with your check. Other than that I don't think the list them anywhere.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Hope everyone who attended had a good time. I had 10 lots sell in this one. My first attempt at selling via auction. I didn't attend as I was at a different venue buying a US marked Winnie 52, something I've wanted for decades. We'll see how it all went when the check arrives.
    BTW, a ton of stuff sold this weekend. Lots of high end collections hitting the market with more to come before Memorial Day. I was watching a pair of French rifles that I've wanted forever and now realize that they've gone well beyond my comfort zone for purchasing. These were Mle 1917 and Mle 1918 semi auto rifles from WWI. They sold for $15k and $22k respectively in RIA's 3 day auction. The Mle 1918 I understand as I've never seen one sell in 40 years of collecting. But the Mle 1917 was a shocker as these are more commonly found. Bet owners are dusting theirs off to put to market!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Hope everyone who attended had a good time. I had 10 lots sell in this one. My first attempt at selling via auction. I didn't attend as I was at a different venue buying a US marked Winnie 52, something I've wanted for decades. We'll see how it all went when the check arrives.
    BTW, a ton of stuff sold this weekend. Lots of high end collections hitting the market with more to come before Memorial Day. I was watching a pair of French rifles that I've wanted forever and now realize that they've gone well beyond my comfort zone for purchasing. These were Mle 1917 and Mle 1918 semi auto rifles from WWI. They sold for $15k and $22k respectively in RIA's 3 day auction. The Mle 1918 I understand as I've never seen one sell in 40 years of collecting. But the Mle 1917 was a shocker as these are more commonly found. Bet owners are dusting theirs off to put to market!

I hope you did well! this is where I wish Redding would post price realization figures after their auctions.

Did you see what any of the Model 8s went for at the Saturday auction? I got stuck at work unfortunately, othewise I'd have been there just to watch.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County

This was the first time that I had put anything in auction and we did pretty well. Granted the guns were in a smaller auction a few weeks ago but the sold prices were still about what I expected them to be overall. It really depends on who is in the room however and with this past weekend being all military collectors, I'd imagine the money was there.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    There are a bunch of auctions this month. One auction that I missed by about 15 min prices went much lower than I expected. Was a small auction Estate of the Minds or something like that. Really wanted Venezuelan Carbine matching in the white. Hammer price was $450. RIA prices went nuts. Friend of mine sold German Rifle Trench Device that had a hammer price of $25k. On the advice of "experts" I passed on buying it for $2,500. He then decided to buy it and immediately consigned it with RIA. His net profit is $19k.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I hope you did well! this is where I wish Redding would post price realization figures after their auctions.

Did you see what any of the Model 8s went for at the Saturday auction? I got stuck at work unfortunately, othewise I'd have been there just to watch.

- This auction had a thin turnout. I'd guess 40 people left bidding live for the guns and accessories which totaled about 500 lots at the end of the catalog. There was online bidding via Invaluable as well. With gun auctions at Redding and Wherlys and the HOCO gun show it had everyone local spread thin.
    -The model 8s sold for around $550 with a total 16% vig & sales tax if paying with cash/check. So they sold in the $650 range OTD. Little finish on the metal but in pretty solid condition. And there was a lot with boxes of .32 and .25 Rem ammo for some of the Model 8s. Wish you'd been there for these.
    -The best bought item was a German issue CZ 27 rig that went for $160! So even with the vig and tax it went OTD for under $200. That one was a shocker.
    -I got a fantastic deal on the US marked Winnie 52 training rifle. It had to be an ex CMP rifle as the consignor had a pile of CMP Garands and M1 Carbines along with an H&R model 12. I've wanted one of these for decades but have been put off by the current market prices that have them selling north of $1k. I was prepared to go to a $850 bid that would have me OTD in the $1k range. But the high online pre-bid was $550 and when it went live I was the only person in the room or on the 'net bidding. So I got it for a crazy cheap price.
    -I figure most people there were interested in the pile of Garands, which sold from $750 (2 Springfields missing gas plugs, otherwise in great condition) to a single CMP collector grade example that went for $1700. Most were H&Rs and they hammered for around $800-900. Not bad. In fact the two M1 carbines sold for a bit more.
    -A beautiful day for a drive in the new GTI and comfy in the barn where things were held. The auctioneer has a nice staff and if paying cash/check the vig was a very reasonable 10%.
    -While waiting for the guns to come up (they sold nearly 200 decoys first) I watched an online only PA auction lot on the cell phone (thank God I got decent reception out in the hinterlands). I had bid on a cool German air pistol (which I got NIB for $65!) and was watching a super sweet no-dash S&W 41 which had bidding stalled @ $550. 1969 production date, with both 7 and 5 1/2 inch barrels in original box with complete factory paperwork. Found it while looking for a friend who wanted a nice target .22. But he never replied to my email so I decided I'd bid for myself if it went cheap. And it did. Figure with the spare barrel assm. it's worth somewhere in the $1.2- $1.3k range. With the vig and shipping I should be at least $4-500 below market.
    -So that check from Redding will be nice to help with these two purchases and apply the balance towards paying my real estate tax bill that comes up in August.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    What did the K98k, French MAS, and 03A Smith Corona go for?

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I just looked back and guns 19-31 on Saturday were my uncle's that were in the auction. Hopefully we did pretty well as it's going to his Alzheimer's care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom