• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jet307

May 19, 2021
    Urbana, MD
    Hello,

I recently purchased my first two suppressors and I was thinking of eform1ing my HK SP5 and a B&T APC but they won't meet the 29 in LOA fully extended. I noticed some Md folks here with pics of some SP5's that are SBR'd (I assume legally lol) and I'm wondering if I'm wrong on the whole 29 inch thing?

Thanks

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    May not be helpful since you already own it, but HK just released an HK SP5L with an awkwardly long barrel.

Could cut it down to meet 29oal.

Perhaps you can get just the barrel?

Others may chime in, but I’ve heard it’s very hard to SBR a stock Mp5

jet307

May 19, 2021
    Urbana, MD
    I have that new B&T telescopic brace with a Tailhook 1c brace. Brace lol, yea right.... I had a HK 94 back in the 80's and that new SP5L reminds me of that.

Saberwalk

MDS Supporter
    Aug 13, 2020
    Laytonsville, MD
    I am using and extended AR buffer tube for the telescoping stock on my SBR scorpion EVO, which gets me to about 31". The 29" OAL is not the only issue. My understanding is that if you want to run the SBR suppressed, you have to avoid making a copycat weapon, which in this case is a folding stock and flash hider. Apparently, the suppressor qualifies. Plenty of info on this on the forum under copycat.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    I looked into doing this for my APC9. Only way possible with factory options I can see would be multiple adapters and an extended length buffer tube.

Does not seem worth it over a pistol. How do you like the telescoping brace? I guess not enough to keep it a pistol.

jet307

May 19, 2021
    Urbana, MD
    That B&T Telescoping brace is the bombdiggity! I have one for the SP5 and APC 45 pro. They're not cheap man they are as high quality as it gets. B&T sells a stock conversion for them for 100 bucks. I got the conversion just to stuff in the box. I had originally used SB tactical braces. They're good but nothing like like B&T. I'm not going to bastardize either gun with goofy spacers. Why bother SBRing a bastard gun.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    That B&T Telescoping brace is the bombdiggity! I have one for the SP5 and APC 45 pro. They're not cheap man they are as high quality as it gets. B&T sells a stock conversion for them for 100 bucks. I got the conversion just to stuff in the box. I had originally used SB tactical braces. They're good but nothing like like B&T. I'm not going to bastardize either gun with goofy spacers. Why bother SBRing a bastard gun.

I’m mostly satisfied with the SB brace but cutting bulk anywhere would be good. I agree it’s not worth a form 1 unless you can use the actual purpose made stock.

Saberwalk

MDS Supporter
    Aug 13, 2020
    Laytonsville, MD
    Getting my APC9 next week and will have to think on this as well. Keep it as a suppressed pistol but play the ATF brace roulette or SBR and play the MD 29" shenanigans.

Apparently, and still need to confirm this, the APC9 end cap can has an AR buffer tube connection or you could go with one of these: https://bt-parts.com/spare-parts/apc-9-pro-family/stocks/bt-361415-adaptor-m4-foldable/ and an extended buffer tube and stock. Seems to me it would kill the look of the APC9 but thinking about it. On a positive note, it took less than 30 days to get my tax stamp last time.

jet307

May 19, 2021
    Urbana, MD
    I have the APC 45 and APC 223. Love them both. I just got the B&T telescopic brace for the APC45. It's more like a stock than a brace. Crazy expensive but it's worth it. I have a Griffin Revolution 45 can that's wicked AF.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    Hello,

I recently purchased my first two suppressors and I was thinking of eform1ing my HK SP5 and a B&T APC but they won't meet the 29 in LOA fully extended. I noticed some Md folks here with pics of some SP5's that are SBR'd (I assume legally lol) and I'm wondering if I'm wrong on the whole 29 inch thing?

Thanks

There's a thread that is a few years old where several folks operated on their A2 stocks and turned them into collapsable stocks by adding rods inside.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=180811&page=7

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=189852

Dec 15, 2012
    Md
    Just posted into the last link. Threaded rod is what I’d actually planned to use on my SP5k PDW, to make a custom folding stock… Until I remembered I wouldn’t be able to put my suppressor on it. I’m going to go AOW (two handed “pistol”), so I can still run the folding brace, with a fore grip, and a suppressor.

Not being able to keep the folder, and still run it suppressed, is enough to justify not going SBR (for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom