• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    Recover Tactical 20/22 Brace for S&W M&P9 finally arrived from back order and took it out my new rig out to try:
    S&W M&P9 Pro
    Osprey9
    Recover Tactical 20/22 Brace w/ Angled Mag Pouch (not a handgrip...)
    Holosoun 507
    Olight Valkyrie

Overall, I really liked the RT brace. As expected the ease of shooting was significantly improved (besides looking cool). I was thinking this might be my new house gun since my wife is now onboard with shooting and wanted access to the defensive guns. She's very petite and a 4lb 26" "rifle" looked to be the ticket. Unfortuantely, she was really uncomfortable with the flex in the brace against her cheek. Although it didn't bother me. Might grow on her with practice.
    The significant problem I encountered was the amount of gas to my face which was unbearable. Something I never notices shooting as a regular pistol. I have to try it with my Rugged Obsidian to see if that improves, as I've never noticed gassing with it on my PCC's.

The other downer was that they sent the wrong size Angled Mag Holder (Glock 45/10mm; just stuck a mag in the pic for the visual). I really liked it and may get one for my Sub2K.

Attachments

• F7676CFE-EB0D-470E-9D5F-7C45F18F9AA0.jpeg
      F7676CFE-EB0D-470E-9D5F-7C45F18F9AA0.jpeg
      28.7 KB · Views: 127

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    "Kind of scary looking, probably should be banned." Translation for normal Americans: "Really cool looking. I'm a little envious."

It looks like there are two magazines. Is one a spare mag?

Yes. To keep this pistol from being too scary, I definitely wouldn't put a vertical foregrip on it which would turn it into a much too dangerous "Any Other Weapon." I certainly agree that to fight the terrorists and protect the children anyone making an AOW should definitely go to prison, unless they fill out a form and pay a $5 tax, which seems like a common sense gun law... :rolleye12

Fortunately, RecoverTactical has also introduced the Angled Magazine Pouch, which attaches to a Pic rail and the ATF agrees that this is totally not a second grip.

In this configuration, I have 23rnds ready and a 17rnd reload on the gun. Unfortunately, they sent me the wrong size so I haven't had a chance to run it to see how it works in practice but, it looks promising. My travel gun is a Sub2K with a magazine zip-tied to the forearm; this might be an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom